Pip assessment

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have a pip assessment coming up and am terrified that I may have an anxiety attack at the assessment. What would happen if I did?

Any help appreciated.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Not to sound stupid but what is pip?
    • Posted

If you have an anxiety attack, just deal with it until you leave. Don't let it show, but just tell yourself it is anxiety. Go in there telling yourself that it will be over and you will be home in an hour or two. The worst thing you can do is expect to have an attack, because then it's almost guaranteed you will. Do you take anything to prevent this, xanax, etc? If not, just tell yourself the entire day that you will be okay. Slow breaths.

• Posted

I find trying to control a anxiety/panic attack extremely difficult and have been suffering from this for many years.
    • Posted

What are your worst symptoms during it? Like what is the one that you're most scared of?

• Posted

During my worst symptoms my brain just cant focus, my thought process is like a jigsaw puzzle where the pieces dont fit together and all I want is just to escape home to my place of safety.
  • Posted

Have a drink before you and are you claiming it for anxiety and depression if so get them to come to your home as I had one and turned me down and I appealed and still turned me down if you private message me I can go more in to it more with you
    • Posted

Liam

What you mean have a drink as in alcohol? What that be a good thing?

They were meant to come to my home for the assessment but cancelled the day before without telling me and when we phoned them they said it was on safety grounds as I have intrusive thoughts of violence. So now they want me to go the assessment centre.

• Posted

To be honest it will go in your favour. I went to a pip assessment and the women said she saw no evidence of anxiety although it was in my doctors report. Also the assessor are not doctors or nurses.
  • Posted

Is there someone who can go with you?  Having a familiar person with you would make it easier.  Also, explain your concerns at the beginning so that they will be aware of the situation and tell them if there is anything that can be done to reduce the effects of the anxiety for you.
  • Posted

Just got a letter saying they dont need to see me now and they have enough evidence to finish the report. So I think they are now doing a paper assessment. Dont know if this is a good thing or bad thing. Will just have to wait and see.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.