PIP final decision letter

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello. Ten weeks gone by since my FTF at home. I requested a copy of the HCP"s report 3weeks back and it only took 3 days to get to me. It tells me of an "ongoing award with a review in 3 years". The points i got was 8 for DL and 8 for MOB. I have slid 2 points on the DL, but i still get a payment. The thing that gets me is, every descriptor i scored points on the HCP mentions that i drive a manual car. (toileting, he drives a car. Bathing, he drives a car. Cooking, well, he drives a car you see. I have been driving for 40+ years. This is despite me mentioning my abilities are less now than in 2016. Do you think the car trick had an effect on points? Have you had it done to you?  Take care out there.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Driving can go against you in some descriptors depending on how your conditions affect you. What i don't understand is the "ongoing award" with a review in 3 years. On going means 10 years and the only ones that can receive an award that long is if you have Enhanced in both. With  recommendation of standard in both ongoing makes no sense.

No one here can tell you if you lost any points because of your driving because no one knows how your conditions affect you.

You say this was the report, so you haven't had the decision yet? Once you've got the decision you can request a Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) if you're not happy. However, you do need to look at all the descriptors to see where you can score those extra points for Enhanced. You need 4 more points in each part. They will look at the whole award again and not just part of it. You do risk losing everything you've already got. It's rare though if they do remove points, just like it's rare for them to increase points at MR stage but both can and has happened to others. Only 17% of MR decisions change, so you'll most likely have to take it to Tribunal.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

• Posted

Hello denise15811.                                                                                                                                                                                          I read somewhere that an "ongoing award" is where the person is not likely to improve within the "time period allotted" and this is what they stated. My last award was through tribunal with 10 pts for DL. Just amazed that they stated this whilst dropping my points! Still waiting for final decision to come through.  Thanks.

• Posted

Hi,

Yes, i know what ongoing is but like i said you can't receive an ongoing award unless you have enhanced rate for both parts. As there's been no recommendation for Enhanced rate for both parts then you can't have an ongoing award.

Unfortunately because this is a review then your last PIP awarded by the Tribunal won't make any difference to this review.

• Posted

Hi Im like Denise I'm confused as to how you have received ongoing and 3 years which is actually 2 because they review you after two, I think they see that if you can drive a manual car then your dexterity on both sides has to be quite good and they will consider that your more mobile than possibly how you have portrayed yourself in the questionnaire, I can't actually say for sure, I think it seems like they make the rules up as they go along.

Dying people lose their benefits because their not sick enough so we stand no chance

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.