Pit of Stomach Pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

I think I have seen this on the board before, but does anyone have pain a few inches below the sternum? It spreads to the right and left under my ribs. Sometimes it goes into my back and shoulders. I do have acid reflux and have been watching diet and taking medicine. I also have GAD. My counselor thinks the symptoms are all anxiety related.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

There is more serotonin in the gut than in the brain it is made by immune cells,neurons and EC cells bacteria also plays a roll in this. so think of 90% of the serotonin being in your gut and you can see the effect it would have on all aspects of the digestive system. This might be part of the problem you are having. Feel better soon.
  • Posted

OK, great that your counselor thinks it's anxiety,which I agree, cause you must be seeing him,or her for a reason. There are a lot of people in thIS forum that have the same symptom. Did they subjest  to you that maybe a antipressant would really help. You need your family doc for that. 

• Posted

Yes, I started escitalopram a few days ago at 5mg and will bump to 10 mg soon. I also have Ativan to help until the meds kick in. Doing this along with counseling. Hoping physical symptoms calm as meds kick in.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.