Pityriasis Lichenoides Chronica

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

My mother has been suffering with PLC for 8 months. This skin condition has had a mjor impact on her life. She is in constant pain and chronically itchy. We have so far tried the below treatments with no success.

If anyone has recovered or can assist in anyway we would be grateful to hear from you.

Doctors

Dr M Grey - General Practitioner 

Dr A Patel - Dermatologist

Dr C Morrow - Dermatologist 

Treatments

·         UV Light therapy 5 months x 3 per week 

Alternative therapies

·         Bromelain capsules

·         4 Thieves Vinegar

Creams

·         Medi Quatro

·         Stop Itch

·         PermAid

·         Eurax Itch

·         Soov Itch

·         Calamine Lotion 

Anti Biotics 

·         Akamin

·         Keflex

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Balnium plus is really good for itchy skin. Has urea in which helps soothe the irritation. Hope it helps. 

• Posted

Try acupressure, it helped me stop being itchy. Also don't take long hot showers, no perfume soaps.

Has she tried going gluten free? It has helped reduce my syptoms.

• Posted

Hi Brett

I suffered for 8 years before getting a proper diagnosis. Eventually diagnosed with PLC. Initially the doctor put me on antibiotics and the UV light therapy. Antibiotics helped but I saw no improvement with the UV therapy so I stopped it. Currently the doctor prescribed Dovate 20mg in Epimax cream and Prednisone for inflammation. Cream mixture really minimizes the break outs and with the itch.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.