PKR - new pain

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi All! I posted about 19 days ago about a new pain that I was experiencing. I took the advice and backed off a lot at the gym. I also started using the pool. The pain has not gone away, in fact it's gotten more frequent and is making it hard to sleep. I scheduled a dr appt for Friday. If it was an infection I would be sick, right? Could this pain and limiting movement, along with a crunchy sound, be scar tissue? I have started to use a TENS unit but I am not seeing any improvement.

2 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi sandy bug 

exactly as you mentioned nightime and pain seemed to be getting worse is exactly how my husband was , he did so well then around week 5 to 8 experienced the most pain when stretching out his leg at bedtime, and I don't think Tramadol helped they just made him more anxious and irritated , he is now off the Tramadol taking painkillers Zapain and he has been using weights on his ankle, extremely  painful exercises, the last 7 days and this exercises have paid off he now can put both feet on the floor when sitting and rom gone from 110 -120 in a week, his pt says if you start to swell hang back a bit on the exercises,the latest exercise is laying in his stomach with a very long lengths of stretchy bandage wrapped around his foot and equal sides of bandage hanging from each side and pulling up foot to create a stretch with knee and trying to resist it  in repetitions of 3.

He will be week 9 on Monday and now sleeps a little better still wakes quite a few times but rather than lying there manages to get back off to sleep so things are really looking up week 5-8 were hell ,with night pain and sleeping, but to look at him and see how well he walks and swims you wouldn't know it. There were also times that as the weeks progressed and night pain got worse that at one stage he did actually think something had gone wrong with tkr op ..so things do get better

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear about your discomfort . Are you taking her medications for pain . What I do to ease my pain , I take only half of the Percocet because it makes me too drowsy then after that about three hours I take 600 mg Motrin and this keeps my pain at bay the Percocet that they gave me a really was 5–3 25 mg but I felt that my breathing slow down a bit . Which is part of the side effect so I changed it and now I feel that I have less pain I also do the tens unit and some exercises but not too much and icing good luck and I hope you feel better
  • Posted

Went back to Doctor and he said that it was an issue with my iliotibial band and gave me a cortisone injection. He also said that I had a baker's cyst. I am going to do PT for a month. He also said that he hoped it wasn't more arthritis because it progressed so fast in the other side of the knee that it needed to be replaced. I'm going to believe it's the band. Thanks for all of the advice. Good luck everyone 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.