planned my suicide

Posted , 8 users are following.

I've been depressed for many months now, in the past I've been in a mental hospital came out thought things was ok, more recent I've had major thoughts on how to end my life, every day I go out I walk over a train line my thought is to wait for a heavy goods train and jump off the bridge as it passes under me hitting the wagons ending my life for good. End of conversation goodbye all

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Robert, I really hope that you don't do that. Do you have any family you are close to? Think about that poor train driver. Some train drivers that have killed suicides have never been able to work again. The shock and stress ruins their life.
  • Posted

What a shame, what a loss you will be to those who love you and who will forever blame themselves for not stopping you.

I fully agree with Evergreen, even the poor train driver will never be the same again.

I feel so sad for you, your suffering must be terrible.  I wish I could convince you of the things you will miss if you end your life now.  Nothing stays the same, there will be happy times in your future if you will only wait a while. 

I don't know you, but I will miss you, I imagine you are a wonderful, sesitive person, and you could have been such a help to other people who feel as you do now.

I hope you find peace, I really do.

Pat.

• Posted

I don't understand wh you have come here to tell us you are going to kill yourself.  it is not what people with depressio9n want to hear.  If you really wanted to take your own life surely you would not be telling us.  Is this really a cry for help and you want us to taslk you out of it? 

I have had depression for 30 years and been in a psychiatric hospital, and gone back to work afterwards.  I battle daily. 

If you have made ytour mind up, then I am truly sorry.  Obviously you don't want me to ask you to think again.  To tell you depression takes a lot away from us all, but we can come through it.  There have been many times I have felt like you, but I would not want to uset others by writing as you have.  Yes I am truly sorry, and really don't want to sound uncaring, but it is very upsetting to read posts like this.  We all have depressio9n, we all battle daily. 

I hope you are just going through a dark patch and will rethink.

God Bless and I am really hoping you will write agsain to say you have thought long and hard about this and will not do anything rash.

• Posted

Will you please consider phoning Samaritans before hurting yourself.

It might be difficult for you to believe right now, but you life has real value in this world and ending it now will not only produce a catastrophic after-effect on your family, but also on your friends.

Life is a struggle and it is challenging for everyone, but try to use yours for good and please do not waste it.

Believe me, if you persevere a time will come when will look at this period in your life and realised that it has taught you many great valuable lessons, not the least of which is that life is a valuable gift not to be squandered.

• Posted

dear robert....this was so hard to read but i felt i had to comment...please please do not do this...i know how it feels to be really down...but there are people who care.....i do i am replying........have you got a support team or anyone you can talk to...please go back to your doctors or whatever it takes....please take care ...here for a chat anytime...sending loving thoughts to you...please get back on here and let me kow how you are doing.......<3>
  • Posted

Hello Robert,

I hope you do not carry out this threat. I lost my husband when he went under a train. The pain and memories of that day never go away, i live with it. He left me with two young girls 5 and 3 years old. We lost our home and lived with the stigma and fingers pointing at us, oh yes people blamed me. I lost his side of the family and had to rebuild our lives. I have two lovely grand children now and i think of how sad my husband missed out and how they are missing out on a grandad. Please get help, talk to the samaritains in the meantime. There is always hope, hang on to that. 

Elizabeth.

• Posted

My heart ached for you when I read this, Elizabeth, what a terrible thing for you to have endured.  I admire you so much for the strength you showed in getting through it all.

I hope Robert reads your post, I am sure it would change his mind.

Pat.

• Posted

Hello Patricia, Thanks, i don't write about my situation for sympathy, i do it to try and reach out to others who feel suicidal in the hope that they will reconsider. I don't know if it works or not. It is not nice to read a death certificate that says suicide and died on the railway tracks with multiple injuries, It's my girls i felt for as they went through school with the stigma and everybody knew as it was reported in the newspapers. Thankfully now it's a long time ago but it is still a life sentance for us. I was 29 at the time and i have never remarried, something i would i liked. I met a man who lost his wife through suicide and we had a long relationship. We are still friends and he couldn't commit because of his situation. Oh well i still live in hope. 

I don't know your situation but i guess your struggling like we all are.

Wishing you the best.

Elizabeth.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.