Plantar fasciitis

Posted , 5 users are following.

Its been since friday ive had my steriod injection my foot worse then it was to begin with now i feel like fluid is building up resting it doesn't help and moving around makes it worse any suggestion

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear. The injection worked instantly for me..I could have danced out of the office, and it lasted only @ 2 months. I'm now back to rolling my feet over frozen water bottles and doing stretching exercises often. I'm now dealing with this over a year and now my knees are starting to hurt. I'm almost convinced that surgery may be the only answer, though many have said it will pass in due time. Ready to give up.

• Posted

Which kind of exercises do you do? In addition to the common ones on the fascia and calves, you should add strengthening exercises, too. Maybe you have weak muscles of the legs and foot, being on your feet daily in a wrong way will make it worse. Correct you walking forms, you'll need a strong hip and strong arches, they will help your fascia take the intense load so that it will have enough time to heal and recover.

• Posted

I have continued PT exercises, followed many on line, and, have a gym coach who has advised me as well....2 podiatrists and a foot orthopedist recommendations as well. So I believe I've tried everything out there. Now going for MRI on both knees, since I am now going to a knee orthopedist, do to swelling/ possible tear...to see if feet, calves, Baker cysts, may all be related.

FYI...I'm in my mid 60's, was always active, continue with senior yoga/ exercise classes, and am trying to keep active, with lots of foot rest too! Want to be able to enjoy my grandchildren 😉

• Posted

I just told my mom about trying the heels.  She is having a horrendous time at the moment with this.  I hope you can find some relief as well.  
  • Posted

I would definetly suggest using some sort of cold compression for any pain you are experiencing. you should also look into Bernie Mevs, very supportive shoes especcialy for p.f

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.