Plasma button procedure for BPH & bladder neck contracture.

Posted , 6 users are following.

Gent's, I had plasma button turp plus incisions to relieve bladder neck contracture about 2 weeks ago. Went home with catheter which was removed the next day. So far so good, however blood in urine continues during start of stream then becomes clearer, also passing some small clots occasionally.Big improvement in urine flow and only getting up twice at night. I thought the plasma button device was supposed to minimize bleeding as opposed to other methods. My doc says everything is fine and small amounts of blood and clots are common following procedure.

What is the consensus on how long it will take for  urine to clear up completely?? 

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.  Thank You.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

sometimes there is only a bit of blood but it looks much worse - my guess is another week or so it will clear up.
  • Posted

I had regular TURP 3 weeks ago and passed blood for 4 days, still an occasional small clot tho ...
  • Posted

Little blood like that at the start of urination is probably coming from your urethra as it is spongy and  absorbs blood and has had trauma from the instraments used.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.