Please answer me

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was taking amatrypdline and had to come off it for medical reasons. But I need an alternative to it. I heard bout all the good benefits of magnesium.

But my question is can anyone take this?

How much is a safe doze?

Really need some answers.

I have magnesium 375mg I brought from boots but need this answered first please.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi i take magnesium for nerve pain,i have reduced my amitriptyline from 150mg to 50mg,and im still reducing,magnesium is very good for inflammation and nerve pain.i hope this helps you

Take care.

• Posted

Thankyou so much for replying. I went back on amatypdline about a week ago now coz of the symptoms was all coming back (nerve pain) But the symptoms that came back haven't left yet and I don't no how long till they will sad I'm only on 10mg. And it's getting me down I have had to have time off work. sad

• Posted

Hi nikkiH

How much magnesium do you take? I have just started taking amitriptyline for nerve pain but hope to keep it to 10mg and not have to increase it. 

Thanks Kathy

• Posted

Hi kathy

I take 400mg i use a producet by natures plus called KalmAssure

Magnesium Powder for day or night use,it can be used day or night

Natural Health store in banbury,and they do have online orders too.

Hope this is of some help for you

Regards

• Posted

Thank you for the prompt reply nikkiH. I don't think I can get that particular one here in NZ but will find something similar or maybe I can get it online.

Your response has been helpful.

All the best smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.