Please can anyone relate

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been struggling for quiet sometime this past week has been horrible cycle time but I have had racing heart and flip flopping for a week or more. Last night I had so much figitiness going on I couldn't sleep sit still and with this my heart racing and flip flopping constantly.p lease can anyone relate to this is it anxiety has anyone been through this how do u make it stop.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Deep breathe. This happens these horrible cycles. The emergency xanax is very helpful at times to break these cycles up not going to lie. There is an app called bellybio it can teach you how to belly breathe. Sometimes if i change enviornments it help a bit. Go outside in the yard and sit there. Stare around at the world, listen to the birds and focus outside of your body. If you have a dog i say play ball with him or her. Sidetracking and watch how happy and simple life can be. That has helped me, probably the xanax in those times a lot more but it will all pass it always does. 
    • Posted

It's like my body is so wired up and won't calm inside its scary

• Posted

I know. I know. You are not alone in this. Its messed up. At some point in time oddly you will adjust to it and recognize it as the disorder it is. It passes. An emergency xanax is helpful. Best to get into a cbt program and even meet with a therapist to understand whats happening. No cure but over time you accept it as a part of you, which it is, and begin to challenge it and manage it better. It stinks! And yes it can get very scary. If a person hasnt had an anxiety attack they dont get it or wouldnt believe it was even possible to feel such terror. But we all know better sadly.  Symptoms do change up over time. As you get used to one or a few and no longer fear it the mind throws another one at you. The goal is accept the wave as it runs thru you with no they thoughts at all and no fear. Surrender to it and it passes. The actual adrenaline rush is ten minutes. They can and do recycle if you allow thoughts of negative or fear in there. Its like a broken circuit but you have a back uo your rationale. Cbt attempts to teach you how to properly address symptoms and off thoughts. Go on you tube and watch some videos on panic disorder so you see the science behind what is going on in your body. There used to be a cartoon the magic school bus haha this would have been a great episode if they had one for teens and adults.
  • Posted

Hi Pamela2016

Not had all the symptoms as you but have certainly had the racing heart, have you tried Kalms at all? they are good for Anxiety and Stress.

• Posted

Kalms are more of a herbal tablets

Directions

For temporary relief of:

Symptoms associated with stress or with the menopause - Adults and the elderly: Take 2 tablets three times per day with water after meals.

Sleep disturbances - Adults and the elderly: 2 tablets 30 to 60 minutes before bedtime. One additional tablet can be taken earlier during the evening if necessary.

Maximum daily dose is 6 tablets

Hope this helps.

• Posted

suntheanine which is l-theanine is useful as well. Its alternative. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.