Please can someone reassure me!!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello there, I'm having a dreadful panic attack right now!! I started to freak out just like this! Went to lie in bed and working on my laptop. Felt shaky jelly ish, sweating, heart racing, numb hands, wanted to vomit, dizzy, dry mouth and just totally terrified that I'm losing the plot!!! I've had CBT and she told me that I was totally normal but suffered from panic attacks and anxiety. I know that I do suffer from this damn thing but whenever it happens I forget everything I know and it always feels like the worst one ever! Been on citalopram for 13years. Been on 30mg for the first time ever in the last five weeks but felt even more anxious so I thought id go down to 25mg which I have done 2 days ago! Would this be the reason of my anxiety and panic attack right now or do I have to live my life this way for ever!!! I just had it but I'm terrified. I nearly went to A&E before because I'm like I'm going insane I'm gonna vomit and start screaming my frustration out!

I always feel like I'm the only one that gets it so badly and so intensely! Can't stand any noise right now, can't be bothered to me....

Please someone tell me it wil go away! I called the GP but none available so they will ring me tomorrow morning. 

Thank you x

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Yes it will pass, it's pure adrenaline from the panic, I get this all the time. Try to just let it pass, it'll do u no harm. Then you'll feel great when it lessens. What helps with me is to stick my head out of the window into the cooler air, take some deep breaths
    • Posted

Thank you very much, I really appreciate it x
  • Posted

babette, I have had many attacks just like you are having. I too, believed that they were the most horrific and devestating experiences at the time and couldn't believe other ppeople had them this bad. It will pass, nothing bad will happen to you. You will come out of it and you will be ok. Just try to hang on i there. You dont need a&e (Ive done that before and felt a fool afterwards). It is just a rush of adrenaline and it will calm done. Try not to worry about it too much. make yourself a cup of herbal tea if youve got it. Sit down and try to focus on the telly or something. You will be ok and as the therapist said you are totally normal (like all of us) but you are suffering from anxiety. You are normal. You are ok. This is just what panic does to you (makes you panic). We all panic at times and we all survive it. You will too. Love and Hugs x
  • Posted

ps. you are not going mad either. We have all thought this too. it goes with the territory.
    • Posted

Thank you so very much i really appreciate it smile it just feels terrifying, lonely and like it will never stop. When it happens I can hardly move and I go totally quiet. Sometimes I wanna even shake doctors to say can't you see how bad it is?! Of course they can't and I really don't think anyone can understand unless you ve experienced it yourself... I'm off on holiday at the end of the month and I'm terrified it will happen there and I hate flying sad I wish it would all settle now right this minute and go away for ever.

Thank you once again x

• Posted

Try not to think about the holiday. It is some way off and things change all the time (including your level of anxiety). Try to take it one day at a time. Airlines/Airports do short courses on 'fear of flying' which I have heard are very effective. Maybe it would be worth finding out about these as they may help. Also go back to your GP, or ifthey are not helpful, ask to see another one, and ask for more help and support.

You will be ok anyway but any support may help you through. Good luck x

• Posted

Right now I am dealing with it to but in don't know what mine is. I go some news Friday night that upset me and Saturday morning I woke up totally crazy. I took my medicine for anxiety which helped but when it wears off it all comes back. I actually have thought I would rather die then deal with this. The last time this happened to me was in February of this year. I just can't understand whh it takes me several days to get over for the issue to fade. I always feel like I'm in a black hole and won't ever be ok again. Please know that your not alone in any of it even tho I feel the same way during a crisis. 
  • Posted

Do you have a trigger?? 
    • Posted

At first I guess just when I had a lot of things on or often when I have to see my family or if they come here to see me. I don't understand why as we love each other very much. Might be cos my first attacks happened there... Not sure.., its horrid really. Now in the last few weeks it has become my neighbours when making noise or loud music being played in cars mainly... Really don't get it!! Just happened like this!!! sad(( so hard to deal with it sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.