please could really use some help / support

Posted , 5 users are following.

I feel at a complete loss. I've had anxiety longterm now. Mostly I've been able to control it myself but these past few months have been a downhill spiral. I get anxiett and panic attacks almost everyday. TTonight is a really bad one I can't even convince myself that that's what iit is anymore. I feel weak, my chest has a weird pressure but almost feels kinda vibrating. I'm so scared i need sleep as haven't slept well since last Friday but I'm genuinely scared im not going to wake up i really feel like I'm going to die. It's the weirdest I've felt for a long time. Please help xx sad

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Kerry

Anxiety will not kill you its just an anxiety thought.

Try to sleep telling yourself this feeling will disappear when you get up in the morning.

And remind yourself that you are safe and tell yourself you are relaxed. Take some deep breaths

You WIll be ok.

God bless

• Posted

Thank you Tanya, I will try.

Just sometimes need a reassuring sensible voice to put you back on track as once the anxiety takes hold it's hard to try and tell yourself different.

Thank you

• Posted

Kerry I feel ur pain I have spend a few nights recently having attacks and sitting up at the kitchen table incase I fall asleep and don't wake up!!!! It's just feelings but when ur in the thick of it nothing seems to relieve them but I've had enough and no matter how low I feel I make myself go to bed as I no I will wake up!! and sitting up all night will prob do me more harm as i be exhausted the next day and have to go to work lol..but u will get through this it is tough but u are much much tougher than it will ever be xx
    • Posted

Thank you for your message. It's so tough. The chest pain is worrying as it's so different to normal. It's scary, I try and do things to keep me awake but then I just feel worse and I go round in circles. I try to tell myself I've got through this before and I will again but when it's in the middle of an attack it's so much harder.

Hope you also feel better soon

kerry

• Posted

Are you on any medication?? It's really helping me. I totally get the chest pain thing!! It's so scary!!!

Also try to go talk to someone , it really helped me. Try not to be so aware of your body as the more you are the more anxious you get! I know it's hard but hang in the there!! It will get better hugs😀😀

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.