please do read this all.

Posted , 3 users are following.

ive been going through depression and a series of bipolar phases during the past 8 to 9 months. i used to be an active fit and happy person but following a break up from a 2 year relationship i fell into a pit. i would cry when i should laugh and laugh when i should cry. i didnt want to go out in public because the tears would come at any time. so i started coming alive at night, id be up all night and asleep all morning. i started talking to my self seeking comfort in myself as i have and had no friends and it was my only option. i searched my symptoms and just matured with my situation with self help, finding alternatives to being alone, adding something when another was subtracted over the distraught 8 months, the person i added to my life stalked me would mentally abuse me even more onto how i was and still tries to. i started speaking to my ex again for the past few months and i can say im kind of happy again.

but the uncontrollable waves of unhapiness i get eats me away. i just feel down and i cant help it or do anything to change it. i was at the gym today and i had house music in my ears and i felt like i had no energy no motivation just so down i had to leave and i cried on my way home. 

i used to get so paranoid, hate myself, i get easily scared with the smallest unexpected simple 'boo.' so many more things when i try to think, my mind blocks me. 

i can feel the pain of it i just cant remember.

i dont remember much from the past 8 months, only a few major events maybe 4/5. i dont remember 2014, 13,12,11 or 10 or any i could merely tell you a few events from each year, id probably get that wrong. i think things that happened 3 months ago happened 2 weeks ago. i feel as though im slowly forgetting, or my memembering side of my brain has completly blocked access from me, so ive started to write a little diary type thing of my feelings and a few activities, incase i do ever completly forget.

i used to be normal.

i can act normal, but it hurts when im alone.

the fatigue and tired eyes ive gained have drowned my face away i dont look the same anymore, it makes me embarassed to go out, even though i get told im pretty im not satisfied with myself so i dont, on my happy days ill treat myself.

i just feel so down and so helpless, i just want to be happy again

im not registered to a gp, but i need some sort of medication. at one point last summer i think, i rang 111 during an uncontrolable cry, and he advised me to go a&e, when i went they only said therse nothing they can do for mental issues so i just left. i dont know what to do, i dont have correct documents for the gp yet, i was born in the uk and im full legal just the documents are unavailable, im not sure where to go from here because im sick of it, walk in gp? any advice?

has anyone else been through this or similair

1 like, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello i am sorry your going through so much and you really need to get some help. I am a bit confused, are you in the UK now, if not which Country are you in? If your in the the UK you can register with a doctor with passport and birth certificate evidence. Unfortunetely you do need to be registered at a GP practice for medications and referals to other services. You may benefit also from Counselling or Therapies. What is causing the delay in registering, can you hurry this up?

Elizabeth.

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hi Elizabeth, yes im in london and ive recently moved houses and my old gp has de registered me my provisional has been sent for renewal so i have proof to show my bank my new adress as the gp ask for proof of add. 

can i not try out a walk in centre i heard they have gp's in there? im not very good at expressing my feelings i always find councelling kind of off putting

thanks for your reply

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hello, I am not sure if the walk in centre would deal with Mental Health, they would just advise you to see the GP. In the meantime would you be able to talk with the Samaratians, they are very good in a crisis. How long do you think it would be till you coulld sort out a GP, only then would you get your medication sorted. The health shops sell St Johns wort for depression weather that would be worth a try. 

Elizabeth,

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Thanks again for the reply,

Do the samaritans just give useless advice like all these other places have given me what do they really do? I would say atleast 2-3 weeks fort documents to arrive and gp's take weeks to actually get you registered too.

I was involved in a car crash i was hit and knocked unconscious and attended my old gp for medication and check ups during the time i was actually apparently 'de registered' do you reckon therse any chance of me actually calling and saying its an emergency and actually getting an appointment? Never seen a health shop around but ill google that and try to order it

smile

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Hello I feel i am not much use to you as i have not been in this situation but would like to help. The samaritians i suggested was for you to talk and they will listen if you were desperate. Your need is to get registered asap for GP services. It's worth a try as you say ringing and saying it's an emergengy. You could also try a walk in centre, i think they would have to see you and maybe they could advise you what to do while your waiting for the documents, there must be someway you can get some help while your waiting. Try googling ( What do i do if i need a dr and i am not registered yet ) Sorry i am not very helpful but i can feel your frustration. Best wishes.

Elizabeth.

Report / Delete Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up