Please don’t give up on it

Posted , 19 users are following.

I just want to tell everyone to give this medicine 12 weeks unless you absolutely cannot tolerate the side effects. It takes so long to see improvement, and for many weeks you feel worse.  I felt awful for at least 8-9 weeks, with little improvement.  Now in week 11, I definitely see improvement.  Yesterday I worked half a day, and then went to 2 appointments.  Normally I would have been an angry, irritable mess.  I probably would have canceled something, but I went and after I was like I know this is working because even a few days earlier I would not have been able to do all of that and still feel ok.  So my advice is to please give it 12 weeks before quitting. 

4 likes, 104 replies

104 Replies

Next
  • Posted

I'm with you on this Stacey!

12 weeks it is.

So happy that you are improving, and fast too!

• Posted

I'm so happy for you Stacey. You are a strong woman. This is one hell of a battle but when we come out the other side it's worth it. Thank you for sharing your words of hope. It's great when people come back to share. 

Big hugs ??👍💪

• Posted

I’m not there yet, but seeing improvement finally.  It’s been so hard, and takes forever.  You will get there too.💕   It takes a lot of patience.

• Edited

Thank you Stacey,

Your words fill me with hope! Maybe I can do this. And when I come out on the other side I promise to post here and help others.

Take care 

• Posted

thanks stacey, it really does encourage some of us whove been on it 8 weeks and still feel lost. i am so glad you are seeing light and feeling on your way!!! such good good news!
    • Posted

Tina,

I haven’t taken a Xanax in 3 days, so I feel like that’s a huge improvement.  My husband is going out of town until Thursday, so I’m having more anxiety today, hopefully it will be ok.

• Posted

i totally get it. im here if you wanna talk as i am still not back at work yet.
    • Posted

hey stacey! how are you? hows it been while hubbys gone? thinking of you. im turning tiny corners but still have brain fog, brain and physical anxiousness and tenseness. and of course my favorite...dizziness.
    • Posted

Hi Tina,

I had to take my 1/2 Xanax yesterday and today also.  My anxiety went way up when he left.  I still went to work somehow the last 2 days, trying to hang in there.  I have some dizziness too, but I think it’s from the gabapentin.  Sorry you’re still dealing with that.  My Dr says 2 more weeks, then the anxiety will be better.  I hope so, this is a long road for sure.  I think the depression is better, but it’s hard to tell with these other side effects.  I hope we get better soon.

• Posted

Hi Clay,

Not that great, I think I’m on day 10 of the higher dose.  Mainly depression still, but some anxiety, and some other side effects.  It seems like every time we change a dose there are always more side effects.  Do you think you will go to 40?  If you’re getting some relief from 20 that’s a good sign.

• Posted

My doctor doesn't want to go higher . Still on 20I've been on it for 2 months. I still have a lot of anxiety. Depression And negative thinking.The doctor says the medicine should be working now. I started seeing a phycologist this week. I'll see how it goes.

• Posted

Hi

I just wanted to say how much Stacey is right. I am entering my 19 month on Flou and looking at your comments makes me remember how much you have too go through to get over the initial side effects, 12 weeks was the turning point for me also. I am believe I am ready to decrease my dose, having learn't during those 19 months to use my own inner self with yoga etc to calm, beat anxiety and feel myself again. Hopefully you all too will get there it can be a difficult journey but trust your medication. xx

• Posted

Hi Woo . How long did it take you to feel better. I'm almost 12 weeks and have a lot of anxiety. I m on 20 mg.

• Posted

to feel able to cope around 20 weeks, to feel 99% better with no anxiety around 6 months. Now after 20 months I am ready too come off, I realised that I wasn't bothered about everyday life experiences enough. Taking SSRI have turned my life around that's for sure and for that I can not fault them .

• Posted

I'm glad you are doing better. Doctors say it should take a few weeks to get in your system and start working.

• Posted

I am on 10mg of prozac, has anyone been on the lower dose with success thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.