Please give me your advice (Health anxiety over cancer)

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm obviously a Hypochondriac... I'm 19 years old and a male.

I have scene around 4 doctors in the past 3 months and my ENT about 3 times this past month and a half. I had an endoscopy a few months ago. I have been so worried that I have throat cancer for the past 3 months due to a sore throat ever day, and when I swallow it feels weird and tight. ( my throat constantly feels tight, and there is nothing that that makes it relaxed or not tight ) I was suppose to have an appointment today, but I missed it due to complications, and I'm going to visit family tomorrow and I wont be able to get another appointment for probably about a month. I feel I'm going to be able to enjoy the trip at all, because I sometime will put my finger down my throat and feel my lingual tonsils to see if they feel the same, and about a few weeks ago I felt a bump that was bigger then the rest, and that i didn't feel before at the base of my epiglottis. I feel like I'm ethier going crazy or the doctors or simply just trying stuff because they don't know what I have. ( I'm currently being treated for silent reflux ( also called LPR). PLEASE GIVE YOUR ADVICE...

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Left this out, but I smoked for like a year 17- 18 years old. I have quit now for a little over half a year.
  • Posted

Symptoms:

- Sore throat

- Tightness in throat

- Constant clearing throat and swallowing

- Thick mucus sticking in throat.

• Posted

I have health anxiety and am also worrying about cancer at the moment after finding a lump on my ribs..

Good news for you, if you had throat cancer they would have found it with the testing you had done and to be honest throat cancer at your age is highly unlikely. You have seen 4 Drs and neither see any cause for concern. I know this is hard to accept when you are battling health anxiety.

I regret now all the unnecessary testing I have had done over the years esp when it comes to x rays and cat scans as I have had many and that is not good 😔...

Accept and rejoice that you don't have cancer and have a wonderful trio. Maybe before you go you can ask your Dr for some anxiety meds just in case you find yourself needing to relax 😉

• Posted

Still highly unlikely at your age even though you smoked for a short time...

Oh and stop poking at yourself cause you will end up causing your lymph nodes to swell and if that happens you will move on to worrying over a different type of cancer...

Your fine 😉

• Posted

thanks, i think sometimes i really just need some reassurance, i seriously appreciate you taaking the time out of your day!
    • Posted

You are most welcome 🤗 I know how it is.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.