Please help!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I am a 38 year old married woman with a fab family, my husband and 2 kids. I have recently been diagnosed with General Anxiety Disorder. I am struggling to accept it as my sympthoms are so real. However on reading through some of the posts, I can take great relief that these aches, pains and tinglings are in fact very real to anxiety. I have tingling in my hands, feet and soreness in my back. A brief outline of my story - I had a thumb twitch last May, unfortunately googled it and Motor Neuron filled my brain. I had an MRI and a Nerve Conduction Study both normal and my thumb doesn't twitch anymore. Whilst all this was going on, I had just moved house and had been diagnosed with Endometriosis, thus limiting our chances of baby #3. I thought at the time that I was fine with everything, just glided along - but I think maybe the initial thumb twitch was a sign of underlying stress and I didn't pay attention. Now with every tingle, pain, headache, I have serious health anxiety which drives me to tears. I do get relief from crying - but it is so hard. Please tell me I am normal!!! I have had all the tests done and all fine. My Dr's say I am healthier than he. Is this normal for anxiety as I am new to this. Currently on Lexapro 20mg and Lyrica 100mg per day, only 3 weeks into it.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

You are completely normal im healthy and suffer all this and I still struggle to accpet its anxiety as well though I have had a really bad day with it today so hard to live with 

Hope you are okey 

• Posted

Thanks Joshua for replying. I found it hard to register on this website, but maybe the fact that I have is part of the acceptance process. I am doing ok, good and bad days. Really trying to stay positive and try and learn to live and deal with this illness. Hope you are ok too and that tomorrow is better for you.
  • Posted

hiya gemma,

every one here knows exactly what ur going through weve all had it or have it youll be fine and i believe lexapro are good am on day 17 of them

• Posted

Thanks Anne. So far so good. I think this website will help. Find it hard to discuss with friends at the moment.
    • Posted

think alot of ppl do find it hard wot i feel is that ppl are thinking oh not this again from her
  • Posted

Thanks Gemma

Noooo its good that you are on here it helps me so much speaking to all these guys 

Theu are brilliant and so nice

• Posted

Hey gemma,

I know exactly how you feel. I was the same way, paralyzed with anxiety over minor aches and pains. I won't go into details, ( unless you want me too), but one thing I can almost guarantee you is that with the help from lexapro and therapy, you'll overcome this.

You are still in the early stages with lexapro, give it time. It's a good med. 

also, stop googling any symptoms you have, please. Google was my worst enemy!

I've done the same tests over and over again, thus spending extra money, because they couldn't find anything wrong with me. I went to differnt doctors,because my own gp was getting sick of seeing me wink

But because Google said I might have that, well then, Google must be right!

Wrong!

If you've done your tests and everything is ok, you ARE ok. 

It will take some time and therapy/ meds, but you WILL get there. Trust me...

And stay away from google! wink

• Posted

Hi Gemma,

Yes you're completely normal,I too have had all this for the best part of 50 plus years now,still it catches me out,still I suffer,but I have a strong family also,but tell you what I'm lucky to still have them,I have not been easy to live with at times.

Dreadful complaint to be lumbered with but now I must admit at 64 yrs old I find it easier to bear,know all the preliminary flash points and generally get by without kicking the cat from the kitchen.

But it is hard,it's upsetting and so hard-hitting,it seems to never go away,my advice to you,accept,contain and better it(easier said than done).

I wish you well!

Regards Malc

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.