Please help.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I relapsed last night and took my Mirtazapine after eight days of not taking it. I was suffering from withdrawal symptoms very badly. Ever since then I don't feel right. I feel weird, I have shakes on and off and I vomited bile this morning after doing the same yesterday. I took my Mirtazapine last night 15MG because I couldn't cope and wanted sleep. But yet I woke up not feeling so good for the third day in a row.

Why is this? I have been taking Mirtazapine two years prior. Also, is Mirtazapine safe to take with Trimethoprim?

Anyone who has an inkling on what's going on, please let me know. I just want to feel myself again. I have been to several Doctors, some of them advised me not to take the medication, others told me to take it. I also did not wean myself off Mirtazapine as I should have, could this have made my anxiety worse and will it ever go back to normal if I keep taking Mirtazapine?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

So you decided to withdraw from a medication and take something else without discussing the situation with your GP. Now you feel worse than you did initially. So quite frankly you have no alternative but to go back to your GP and explain what you have done and take the flack. It maybe that you can be given something else and be GRADUALLY weened off your current meds but that is down to the professional - in this case your GP.
    • Posted

No, I didn't take anything without consulting my GP. 

Every time I have took something I have consulted a Doctor either my GP or at the ER.

• Posted

Hi Bastardly  I really feel for you.  I am newly on the same meds and wonder how things will be.  I have found they help me sleep but do not deal with the anxiety.  I believe they are formally for depression and not anxiety.  Do you want to go back on them is so you really should talk to your GP.  I wish you allt he best x

• Posted

Hi, Joyce.

I am back on Mirtazapine, started them 2 days ago after speaking with my GP. My Mirtazapine was prescribed for depression and to help me with my sleep but I found that anxiety has came with it while being off them. 

I am hoping all these symptoms disappear now that I am back on them and then my GP will gradually wean me off them when I am ready. 

Thank you so much.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.