Please HELP!!!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I suffer from anxiety but just now I've got new symptoms well what I think is anxiety symptoms I have like a lump in my throat and when I blink heavy I see a flash out of the right side of my eye I'm so scared does anybody at all suffer with these feelings please get back to me

0 likes, 9 replies

Report / Delete

9 Replies

• Posted

Me tooo!  The lump i take pepcid its digestion gine awry and stress related. I Have eye issues so i thought the flashes were from that but maybe they arent? You should see an opthamologist to be positive in regards to the eyes. Flashes can be all different things from nothing at all to migranes to an eye issue. Usually nothing but always check that. Wow kind of relieved in a way you wrote on this because im living it. 
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I've had both of those symptoms. I've also, suffered from other symtpoms; shakiness, heart palpitations, sore chest, a pressure-feeling in my head... They're all real symptoms, that many people - believe it, or not - go through. I go through those symptoms pretty much everyday now. I recently, went to the hospital a couple of days ago, because my chest was hurting & I had trouble breathing. It was also, accompanied with the other symptoms. I honestly, thought I had a blood clot in my lungs, like my dad had, & he died from it, because they didn't do any tests. I had blood work done, urine tests, an EKG for my heart, & a lung x-ray. Everything came back perfect!! That was a bit of a relief, but I'm still having those horrifying symptoms.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I get this too, my eye flashes got so bad that the doctor actually rapid referred me to an opthamologist, there was nothing at all wrong with my eyes and it all came down to anxiety and stress but the eye check was very reassuring and i agree that you should get yours checked too.

The lump in the throat is horrid isn't it? Again it's an anxiety trick, i ate a mushed up strawberry earlier and felt like i was swallowing a brick, it's nasty to feel it but it is a very common anxiety symptom.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Thank you for the reply yeah I really hate that lump I get pain in my neck too Tightness in my chest feel like I can't breath and rapid blinking when I'm really anxious
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

The lump in the throat is a continual problem for me,its very distressing I know but very common with anxiety I believe
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi catherineb24 those feelings are extremely close to what I went through for a very long time. My feet would feel like they would always have to move so I could never relax. Then my butt would constantly bother me and make me very afraid too
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I always have the flashing like a lightbulb going on at sides of eyes and then I do it on purpose to see if it's still there !! It's all ok and normal I've had my eyes checked and nothing wrong !! I'm doing it now and it's flashing lol hope this helps Michelle xx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I get the eye flashes. I had a read on ocular migraines, which are usually totally painless and nothing to worry about. Can be brought on by different things, such as stress and smoking (both of which I'm guilty of)
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up