Please help :(

Posted , 5 users are following.

Today has not been a good one for me. Super anxious because for the past probably 4 or so days my head has been so out of it. But it doesn't feel like DP.. It just feels..off. And I've been getting headaches. I just feel so like out of it so to speak and as if I'm on the verge of something bad happening or something like a seizure (although I've never had a seizure)

I take .25 klonopin daily and have for the past week maybe week and a half (not very long at all) and I think my anxiety is trying to convince me that takig the klonopin will give me a seizure even though it does the exact opposite and is used to prevent seizures. The only time it can cause them is if they're taken at a high dose for a long time and is are stopped abruptly. I spoke with my doc and she said it could be a side effect from the kpin or could be from anxiety. So now idk what to do. Keep taking kpin which I feel has been helping somewhat with my anxiety, or stop taking them.

I've been prescribed Zoloft but am terrified of meds so starting them has been a huge battle for me. She also prescribed me Ativan to see if I like that better than the kpin, but I really don't want to depend on benzos for a long time.

Has anyone ever gotten these weird head feeling? Idk what to do and I'm tired of this anxiety ruling my life

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi michelle yes anxiety can cause havoc with your head ive had anxiety for 25 years now and had every symptom ive died of strokes heart attacks all in my mind so i know how its hard to live with we must keep going we will get the better of anxiety im getting better now but anxiety trys to kick my butt some days
  • Posted

Hello michelle I'm experiencing the same anxiety symptoms as you , you are definitely not alone , mine started a few months ago . so basically I get a lot of different head feelings like burning under my scalp , tingling , sharp shooting pains in different areas , tension headaches , other types IG headaches I can't really explain they are weird , neck stiffness ,and line a tight band is around my head like a congestion feeling . it's really truly scary at times , ive never had a seizure in my life but its times where I think I'm going to have one , I pray that I never do , my doctors and neurologist said it quite unlikely , but these feelings are scary . I've seen many of doctors and had many of test to rule out anything serious like a tumor or bleeding . thus had been going on for quite a while bow but it us off and on , not steady which is important

• Posted

I hope that the new drugs work for you and try not to worry about the changes of drugs and possible consequences.
    • Posted

That's my biggest thing I think too much into the possibilities instead of just biting be bullet and taking them

• Posted

Thank you everyone for the replies. It helps knowing I'm nt alone on this crap!!

• Posted

Your not alone. I ve been having those pains since I had my first. Panic attack. Now they ve imtensified cause Im currently recovering from the zika virus. So I really dont know if its anxiety or virus. The psin comes and go but its s wierd kind of pain. Sometimes I dont know what to do. I ve been fighting anxiety since 2007 and I get 6 sometimes a year break then something triggers anxiety again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.