Please help ;(

Posted , 10 users are following.

I was doing better for a few months and actually told myself that the doctors were right.  I'm not in perimenopause and my symptoms were 'viral.  Then in September it all came back and I crashed!!!  Insomnia, anxiety, bloating, weight loss, constipation, extreme breast pain, spotting...you name it. I am a mess.  I just keep getting sent for ultrasounds and told I have IBS and anxiety.  But it is so much worse.  I am almost afraid to go to the NP at this point as she shoves so many anti-anxiety meds at me and calls me 'non-compliant' for not taking them.  She tried to get me to take an anti-psychotic!!!.  I'll be 46 this year - uni educated, successful family business, 3 high achieving kids, no history of psychosis...I've made it to this age successfully but the medical system assumes I'm suddenly psychotic and my hormones are fine.  It's a nightmare.

?My bloating, constipation, shortness of breath, shakiness and insomnia have been awful for 2 weeks.  If I don't sleep I think I will actually go crazy soon. I am afraid to take anything.  Melatonin makes my insomnia worse. Chamomile and valerian don't even touch it.  If I take a 50mg gravol I get about 4 hours. I have lavender capsules but am afraid to take one in case it does nothing and then I can't take a gravol.  My health anxiety is so high and i'm scared of taking anything at this point. I'm using an alpha stim that was helping for a few months but now does nothing I was put on benzodiazepines and they were fresh hell.  I tossed them all.

?I think it is really bad right now because I just started my period, so for the past couple weeks my estrogen has dropped to nothing.  I've heard lavender is estrogenic so don't know if the capsule would help or hurt. My husband has taken them a few times and they knocked him out.  I'm unable to even clean up around the house...I'm just an exhausted zombie.  I've actually had to hire a girl to come and help a few times a week - like home care!!  It's that bad.  She starts tomorrow and is going to think she's working for a mad woman.

?Please let me know if anyone tried the lavender capsules and if they helped.  And how long you can have insomnia before dying??

1 like, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

This sound a lot like graves thyroid problems have you check your thyroid, did you tried to look for other doctors opinions. Ask the doctor to get a complete hormone panel from you and thyroid panel. You sound a lot like me 4

Months ago and now I am great just on vitamins, I wasn't crazy it was my thyroid 

• Posted

What vitamins are you taking Marcia?  I've had thyroid panel and was told it was fine?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.