Please help!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had unprotected sex with a man I didn’t know after about 2 weeks I got bv I was treated with the gel and 3 fluconazole pills. After treatment it felt better then two weeks later I started to get abnormal discharge which was clear and watery. I went to my primary doctor and got tested for herpes, hep b & c, and hiv at 10 weeks everything came negitive. I went to my gyno and he said it looked like yeast but the yeast was not shown under the microscope. He put me on a month fluconazole once a week and gave me steroid cream to put on my butt since there was burning and itching. I still have a watery burning discharge. I did a Pap smear and a hpv test a month after exposure. Seems like nothing is working. Could it be hpv? I have been stressing this for the past 3 months and have got oral thrush seems like in my mouth. With fluconazole it seems to help but as soon as the week is over it seems to come back. Can someone help please 

0 likes, 14 replies

Report / Delete

14 Replies

• Posted

Hello, do not panic. There's an herbal gel that might help you

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Did you get tested for gonorrhoea / chlamydia and trich too? They can alter discharge too. 
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

No never been on birth control, and I’m not pregnant.. 

I think I have a yeast overgrowth and it’s starting to take a toll on my stomach as well..maybe a bad gut from the stress access use of antibiotics 🤷🏼???🤦🏼??? Not sure

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Antibiotics can cause stomach upset, which is why it’s always good to have probiotics with them.   

It’s just strange the yeast infection didn’t show under the microscope.     Did you go back to your doctor about the watery discharge? 

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

The antibiotics I’m using are antifungals.. idk if that makes a difference and he also didn’t tell me to take any probiotics with them . My gyno almost seems annoyed with me going in there because he’s not seeing anything wrong down there but I can tell it’s irritated and burning discharge. And this oral thrush is literally driving me crazy. It seems as I get a layer of it on my lips which I bite off because I can’t stand it being there and then it burns. 
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

The last time I went to the urgent care for the same thing he did a culture test and neither did bv or yeast show.. so confusing. The doctor then started to tell me that it could be in my diet and maybe if I switch that it will get better.. but I never had to do any of this prior to the exposure so it makes me think other wise.
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

That’s what people are telling me, I just feel like it’s something more.. because I was put on antifungals for so long and as soon as I stop them it comes back in my mouth. Would a over growth of yeast be from a std?? 

A lot of people are telling me it’s from stress too much alcohol and lack of sleep. But I’m not sure I’m so convinced it something else that’s causing this 😔

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I don’t think any STDs cause thrush.   I think what everyone is telling you is right.   Drink less. Chill out, eat better and try and sleep more.  
      Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up