Please help :(

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi guys I am in desperate need of help. I have been feeling off balance and generally unwell since January. My dr has told me it’s anxiety after I experienced trauma but gave me a CT Scan of my head to reassure me which came back clear! Anyway since then my symptoms have just become worse. I feel so disconnected for my body like I have to remember to breath sometimes and I am constantly feeling like I am in motion when I’m not! My ears feel pressure, my throat hurts on one side. My upper body aches and I get the weirdest feeling when I am overwhelmed and doing simple tasks I used to be able to do with ease. I feel like I’m having a stroke and nothing works in my head or face!! I am so worried I have something awful going on. I’ve had bloods and they were all fine. I don’t get it at all but I feel like I’m going to have a panic attack every day and I just want my life back. i feel so bad with activities i feel terrible everyday and constantly dizzy

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Edited

These are tough times we are living in. We are all having problems coping with the virus and subsequent lockdown. Did the doctor check you for sinus infection or upper respiratory infection ? I say this because you mentioned pressure in your ears and just one side of your throat hurts, the chest pains and the lack of energy could be caused by an upper respiratory infection as well as anxiety. Did the doctor give you any medication for the anxiety ? If not, you may want to consider calling him and asking for some medication or to be referred to a psychiatrist who can prescribe anti-anxiety medications for you. If you dont like this option and want to stay off medications, you can try a natural remedy call St. Johns Wart which you dont need a prescription for (and can get at your local pharmacy) and treats anxiety symptoms naturally although it does take a bit longer to work than conventional methods. You are not alone and you are not going to die. But one way or the other, you are going to need to take something for it and try to put your mind focused on other things besides your body and anxiety symptoms. Stay busy. Stay away from sugars and caffeine, they only make anxiety worse. Water should become your new best friend. Drink lots of it, it will calm you and soothe your throat and keep you hydrated. You need to take some time to relax and listen to some soothing music or meditate. I hope you feel better. We are always here if you need to talk.

• Posted

Hello thank you for your reply. No my dr didn’t check for much he’s just treated me for inner ear issues with 3 different meds that didn’t do anything. I don’t have a fever or anything and when I say my throat hurts on one side it’s more like an ache not like the rough feeling you get when you have a cough. Chest pains feels more like tight muscles. When I try to work and if I am faced with a situation that I have to really push myself to think for, my body seems to just panic and shut down it’s so bizarre it’s like my throats goes numb and my eyes don’t work anymore I tune out! It’s horrible. I watched my baby boy fight for his life for 9 weeks end of last year and since we’ve been home from hospital all these symptoms have appeared from nowhere. I understand that I absolutely have been through trauma and that’s going to affect me but the way I feel feels so unlike anything I have ever experienced. I was offered sertraline and I took it for 3 weeks and I am not joking you I felt like the devil was on my shoulder telling me to kill myself! I had to stop them. So now I just take a diazepam when I feel really overwhelmed and even that doesn’t really do anything anymore. I just want my life back x

• Posted

im not going recommend medication. I know what you are feeling. It's common symptoms of anxiety. Once you calm down and accept it while letting go of the fear, you will start feeling better. My point is to try without medication first. Fear and worry is making it worse and that explains why you feel the way you do.

• Posted

why not recommend meds ? I dont do them but am maybe thinking about it . Have you been successful without ?

• Posted

i think i inboxed you a while ago from a different post about dizziness? honestly i dont want to take anything, i tried sertraline and it was like a demonic experience i had to stop. i have 2 small babies and my youngest almost lost his life in december and since then all this has happened. i understand i have been through alot but my symtoms are so physical its hard to accept its anxiety. 😦

• Posted

I was given Lexapro and Zoloft. All sitting in my drawer. They all have side effects and no one really talks about the long-term use and withdrawing from them. I truly believe you can accept what you feel and let the fear go.

• Posted

Its hard to let go. I remember our inbox convo. Fear is the driver... Do your best not show worry or fear when you feel this symptoms. I am not perfect but Ive gotten way better. What can we do? we test for everything and everything comes back normal. Meds will only disguise what you feel. It doesnt teach you to handle it on your own.

• Posted

i completely agree with you and i am trying so hard to do that. its so hard to not give in but i dont want to become dependent on meds and i know i will start getting worse over the side effects and it will be never ending. Its so frustrating because my dr now wont refer me to anyone because of covid its only suspected cancer patients. my mouth and tongue some days has a burning sensation, my head feels like the blood isnt pumping evenly, ear pain, throat pain, eye strain, stiffness and a constant sense of rocking motion is what i have to deal with everyday and im desperate to be better and be a good healthy and present mum 😦

• Posted

I truly believe overtime that it will get easier. Anxiety is all part of us. It's hard to accept but its not going to go away. It will get easier. Like you, Im looking forward to it. Out of the information I've read and people i've spoken to, they all say to accept the symptoms and don't react to it with a fear or worry. Once we get better at that, we will start feeling better overtime. Meds do help and truly believe many people find relief. I just don't believe it's the answer long-term. Many people find success, come off and then go back on. Many of them never come off and some find that their meds stop working overtime and have to try something new, which can be bad.

• Posted

It's good to hear that some of us have the same or similar symptoms. The truth is, I wish none of us had this going on. Keep in Touch...

• Posted

i underastand how you feel im literally in the same boat right now its so scary

• Posted

hi there thank you for commenting, can you tell me a bit about your symptoms please?

• Posted

hi and yes sometimes i have pain on one side of my throat stabbing pain and sometimes it feels like my ears are clogged like theres water in them i thought i had a innsr infection i have muscle aches on my back and neck everywhere my legs and i question if its a more serious underlying medical health condition all the time

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.