Please help

Posted , 8 users are following.

So I'm starting these orlistat pills tomorrow and I'm really worrying about leaking oil that iv read loads about. I have ibs anyway so I'm use to having to go when I need to go and the lose stools but I really don't want to be out with the kids and be having an accident. 

I understand that you shouldn't have any more then 30g of fat per meal but I haven't got time for checking labels when shopping with 3kids (stressful enough lol 😕)  so can anyone help with the basics?  Are you allowed bread?  Coffees? Milk?  Etc I was going to follow the slimming world plan but then what plan do I follow. Also is it up to 30g of fat each meal 3 times a day or is it 30g of fat per day? Also if anyone has any meal recipes please send them to me as I'm crop with all this lol. Thanks guys x

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi, it's actually 15g per meal and nothing over 5g of fat per 100g. You will have to find time to check labels if you don't want accidents!! There's no warning with the oil it just leaks out!! (Nice) lol

Yes coffee milk bread ok, no cheese biscuits fried food. But things you think are ok are actually high in fat so you have to check. 

Use my fitness pal app it's really easy and shows fat content. 

Good luck. 

• Posted

Hiya and welcome to the forum Natalie :-)

You can check lables online hun, its something you

are going to have to get used to. IBS is not nice, but

this is orange oil that comes out if your rear, sometimes

it will just leak and you dont know it, its not pretty! eek

Check out Britney, she has a blog, she has many ideas for meals, its

great for newbies and explains most things.

Daisy x

///*.*\\\

• Posted

Yeah I'm going to download the app in a bit. Iv asked brittney but had no reply yet. If you keep to the limit do you still get the leaky oil or is it if you just over do it? 
    • Posted

If you stick to the rules you will get no side effects at all!! Just have plenty of fruit veg fat free yogurts. Lean meat n fish. Salmon can be a bit dodgy even tho it's healthy fats the tablets can't tell the difference. 

Salmon is 9g per 100g it's ok for some but not others. 

• Posted

Ok so can do I have to keep an eye on just the grams of fat or cals aswell? Also is it a case of weighing everything? 
    • Posted

I did calorie count but I was doing rosemary conely which you do calorie count. Just watch your fat. If yr doing slimming world not tons of meat as that's quite high in fat. No cheese - at all!! Pasta and potatoes low in fat just watch sauces mayo ect. 

• Posted

Hi Natalie,

I agree with everything that has been said so far. I would also suggest you eat as though you are on the tablets 2/3 days before you actually start them that way you will have no side effects from left over fat.

There are a ton of things to eat but basically no junk etc. They do work but you have to eat right. How much do you have to lose? i started jan 2013 a size 24 and am now a 12 but i have eaten right.

The side effects only come if you eat the wrong foods. I have a blog if you want it with meal ideas. Good Luck

Britney

X

• Posted

Hey Britney where i can see ur forum details ??? can i know ..

And even from tomorow i m starting Orlistat 120 mg. ,Can i know the basic steps to follow so that i can see the results in short period of time .

Will wait for ur reply 

• Posted

Hi natalie,

I also have IBS (and 3 children) and strangely, I have far less symptoms since starting the diet and taking the tablets. I also gave up gluten (which seemed to be a contributing factor to my IBS symptoms) which helped but also limiting my eating to just 3 healthy meals a day with no snacks made a vast difference. 

I have eaten healthily and as low fat as I can manage and haven't had any accidents, just an occasional quick walk to the toilet redface. I would plan a couple of days either at home with the kids or go somewhere within a short distance of a toilet till you see how the tablets react with you and your new diet before resuming normal activites.

Good luck X

• Posted

Thanks guys some really helpful stuff. I'm currently 15st 2lb size 20 and I would be happy to get down to a size 14 again. My trouble is I get impatient lol. I just hope I can get down to a size 14 by Christmas as iv got so many nice clothes that are just in box's. It's so depressing. I hate being this big I feel discusting. I also have an underactive thyroid which drives me crazy. But I went to drs other day and iv gained 10lb since may which is horrendous. Trouble is I don't eat terribly anyway. My main down fall is I love bread pasta and potatoes. I think I'm gonna find it very hard to start with but I'm determined to lose the weight. Oh I just thought I hate drinking plan water and I always have the test summer fruits no added sugar squash. Is that ok? 
    • Posted

15stone isn't massive! if you stick to it you may even be smaller by then. You can still eat all the carbs but not a ton of them i always eat potatoes and hasn't done me any harm. Water would be better for you as it helps with the bloating you get from the tablets
    • Posted

See I can drink tonnes of water when it has a dash of the squash in it but plain water is horrid lol. How soon do you start loosing the weight? 
    • Posted

I never used to drink much water now i drink between 4-8 ltrs a day you need water in any diet it helps with everything! even more so on these tablets as you WILL be bloated AND constipated. Those diluted drinks are full of sugar try to keep to a minimum plus the sugar free ones are actually worse than the regular ones. You could put herbal tea bags into cold water that way no sugar it's up to you but i have always advised everyone to drink water. When i started them last year my first weight loss was either 1st4 or 1st6after 4 weeks i can't remember now but everyone is different some lose less some more the only way to get a good loss is to do everything right that way you know it will come off you won't feel any lighter for a few months but you will feel less bloated

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.