Please help

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi there,

I have taken citalopram for many years now either 10 or 20mg but never more. In the last year I kind of felt better so nearly 2 months I went down to 10mg, in the last 2 weeks I had a very bad time with my anxiety so 6 days ago I upped my dosage to 20mg again. I forgot what the side effects could be but for me as well the anxiety is worse in the morning and day but better in the evening for some reason. I lost my appetite totally, I feel shaky and on edge all the time and in some ways I feel like my anxiety is going down but that it's not natural so I still keep getting frightening thoughts which make me feel even more anxious. I feel like i wanna scream and had enough of not being myself anymore!!! I have little energy and feel more tired since yesterday! Do you think it is normal and in how many days will I feel normal again? It's a struggle to go through the day ATM I just had enough of feeling anxious! sad(

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

How you doing Babette? I'm doing better every day. A little shaky in the morning but that's it so far anyway. Hope you're feeling better.
    • Posted

Hi Carol,

I'm glad ur feeling better smile

I'm not unfortunately, I feel so anxious especially in the morning. I find it difficult to face the day as I just had enough of feeling so bad. It seems like I just Can't switch off sad it's the 13th day of being on 20mg. I'm really starting to wonder if I shouldn't be on 30mg. Baring in mind its a long weekend I'm anxious about the boys next door making noise, not having peace and quiet in my nest anymore and about what to do for 3 days. Before I would just chill and wouldn't feel like this and now I worry about everything sad my body feels really weak like jelly and my heart is racing and that from the minute I wake up sad I hate it so much!!! It scares me to have lots of funny thoughts with it too sad(

• Posted

Hi Babette I'm on day 15 now was a nervous wreck yesterday for no reason but feeling good today, don't know if it's gonna last or not. I hope you are feeling better by now! At least a little better.
  • Posted

Really weird but I have dropped from 30 to 10 and boiled sweets have helped me. Going to stick with this for a while and drop again. Doctors never tell you how bad they are to get over, I have not even had a review?,! When your on this you need to be monitored I think. Just an easy roll out for everyone. Never felt so awake though so that must be good!  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.