Please help 3 weeks in.

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I have been on 10mg of citalopram for roughly 3 weeks now. Christmas day will mark my one money month. It seems to be doing the trick most of the time. There are still times where Im having axiety especially in the morning when I first wake up. Then through out the day I start feeling better. Am I still early in the process of healing? Also how much does eating healthy and exercise actually contribute to me getting better?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Scott it's too early yet my experience is people respond After 4 to 5 weeks, my mum is 80 years old she just lost her husband She was full anxiety Depression She was put on 10ml At first she felt down, yet once it kicked in 4 to 5 weeks she is like a new person. And she cant believe how she now feels. Re exercise and eating healthy I can confirm Yes helps immensely that's been my personal experience, yet remember this illness is in our head so we also have to work at letting go of the ? Root cause Anxiety No More google it It help me And my Son so Bit long winded answer but I hope it helps
  • Posted

Hi Scott, eating well and exercising will contribute significantly to your general feeling of wellbeing. Mornings seem a difficult time for most people, including me. I am a week behind you on the 20mg, and yes, I believe it is early days for us. Possibly our expectations are unrealistic, and it could take a couple of months for yhe full benifit to be felt. I was mortified to hear this, but keep going and we will get there. Good luck. Lee.
  • Posted

Hi Scott

Yes you're still recovering, and doing well by the sound of it.  Sometimes people don't feel like that until a couple of months has gone by.  Recovery comes in patches/waves, so what you're feeling at the moment is quite typical.  Over time the good times will get longer and stronger, and the low times will get less until you feel well all the time.

When I recovered, early morning anxiety was the last thing to disappear.

Carry on as you are - exercise is great as it burns up excess anxiety and eating healthy too.

K x

• Posted

Hi scott

well done for getting through the first few weeks. I know how hard it can be!

It does sound like you are beginning to recover eg you are experiencing slightly better health in the evenings.

I got to the point where I looked forward to the evenings as I knew i would start to feel better and would be able to do the things I couldn't do in the day! It does take a while Scott but each day your that little bit closer to full recovery.

I do know about the exercise bit as I couldn't get out of bed to do the smallest tasks for ages. I have heard many people say it helps though.

I think if your appetite is unaffected then it's so important to eat a good balanced diet eg. Healthy body = healthy mind!

How are you feeling today?

Really hope you make a swift recovery.

God bless xx

• Posted

Thank you for all your support. I really feel like talking to people who are actually going through the same thing helps so much. This forum has been such a huge blessing. It has helped me overcome so much I noticed how far I have come in these last few weeks but I still have my rough patches. I know I need to be patient I guess am just to excited to be me again. One if my big problems is Im having a hard time getting motivated. That's why I was asking about the exercise and diet. I will do my best to push foward. Thank you all!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.