Please help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Day 14 of 10 mg and anxiety suicidal panicky feelings and low mood really high so gp has said to raise the dose to 20 ! Isn't this just going to make me even worse ?. I took first 20 dose this morning and have been anxious and spaced out !, ???? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yvonne just persevere you will be glad you did, try not to let ur anxiety about the citalopram trick u into feeling worse, as thats what happens, i was where you were last October and believe me could see no way out, it took me 7 weeks to be back to normal and be able to see a future again, now a year on everything is still back to normal, cit really gave me back my life, but it takes a few weeks for ur body to adjust, so be strong you will be normal again, well done 2 weeks in already xx

take care and know its part of a journey to be well again.

Anne smile

• Posted

Thank you ann

i have had the worst night yet and feel I can't go on much longer ! It does help to hear positives x

• Posted

I didn't have any of these side effected but I can only speak for the positive effect cit has had for me. I have coped with a terribly stressful work period with real feelings of calm, am even tempered (mostly,) with my kids, and have felt so much better on the pills I can't tell you. Definitely worth persevering. Good luck! Xxx
  • Posted

Sadly it does get worse before it gets better.  Persevere, you're nearly through the worst.  It'll all smooth out soon.  These side effects take around 2 weeks at their worst.  Personally I'd have waited til the side effects calmed before upping the dose, but speak to your doctor about it.  

Hang on in there, we've all been through this same journey.

Keep in touch, people will support you through this.

K x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.