please help

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been off sick from work for just over two months now. for the last week or two I haven't been going to sleep until about 6/7am and waking up around 2pm. on Friday I night I took about 40 venlafaxine in a suicide attempt and ended up in hospital. I was kept in overnight and after speaking with doctors/crisis team etc I said I feel well enough to go so they discharged me Saturday afternoon. since then I have managed to go to sleep a little earlier, but I'm sleeping longer. for example I went to sleep last night around 5am but I still didn't wake up til 4pm. I never want to get out of bed or do anything, or see anyone. the only person I get excited about seeing or really do want to see is my 4 year old brother. I feel like someone is constantly watching me too, it's difficult to explain. I did feel like that before last week but it's getting worse. I have an iPhone 5 and I regilwrly cover the front camera, or move to places in the house where I know no one could see me. what do I do? 

Also, I haven't taken any venlafaxine since that night. I'm going back to the doctors tomorrow to see what she says, I just haven't made the effort to get out of bed. I always feel sweaty and ill I don't know if it's because ive stopped taking them

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Please try to get yourself some help from somewhere.  This is a terrible feeling and you need some help with it while going through it. I too thought it would be easier to just do away with myself and then thought of my family and those who love me. I dont like the way I feel but hopefully it will pass before too long and then all will be much better.
  • Posted

Danielle you are poorly my love and must get help quickly. Do you live with your Mum and Dad? Do they know how poorly you feel and about the paranoia and that you have stopped taking your medication? Please don't take another overdose or try any other way to kill yourself. Think of your lovely little brother and how he would react if you died. You can get better but not alone, you must seek help from your Doctor urgently and you must tell them truthfully all about how you feel and your behaviour. Take someone you trust with you if you need to so that you feel supported. Sometimes you have to trust the Doctors to know best and sleeping as much as you are indicates severe depression. I know, I have been there and it's a long haul back but worth it when you do come out the other side. Please believe that you deserve to feel normal and happy again - you are just ill - and the first step is to be really honest about everything and take your medication! Thinking of you and sending love and a hug, Sue xxx
    • Posted

I don't live with my mum and dad, I'm 19 I moved out with my boyfriend but he's left now so I'm by myself. I don't like to tell my mum too much because this was the second time ive attempted this and I don't want to worry her too much xx
    • Posted

Danielle, you can't go through this alone. If you have a good relationship with your Mum you must tell her how you're feeling and what's happening. Please move back home with your Mum if that's possible and allow her to help you. I am the Mum of three (30, 24 and 17) and I know I would be far more worried and upset if one of my children was suffering like you and they hadn't told me. I would always want to help and look after them and I'm sure your Mum will too. Please trust her to help you. Have you been back to the Doctor yet? What happened? Speak to your Mum, go home if you can and take the medication regularly. You will gradually feel better and can then have some counselling if you feel that would help. You don't need to be alone. Loving thoughts, Sue xx
  • Posted

I endorse what the previous posts say. You need help and you must explain how bad you feel

to the doctor, and a friend or family member if possible so you feel less alone. One suggestion - if it's difficult to explain to the doctor you could try writing it down like you have here and giving it to him/ her.Take the docs advice on medication, because it can help. I do know what it's like to be desperate. I wish you well.

• Posted

Danielle please ugo to your doctor asap. Talk to your mom she loves you and you need someone by your side. I had my husband by my side thru thick and thin. Take care and keep talking to everyone one this site. It is another tool that helped me as well.

• Posted

You live at home and your family must see what is happening to you.  Please get help as their is nothing wrong with that and the only way you will feel better and be able to exist is with help and support.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.