Please Help

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have what I think are anxiety issues and probably some sort of panic disorder but not really sure. I have been to the ER and they did an MRI and all kinds of the cardiac test and told me everything looked great but I continue to feel crappy everyday. I have headaches, nausea, my face feels like it's on fire and every night I think that I will not wake up in the morning. In the last month I have had 2 EKG'S, 1 CT scan of my head, 1 MRI of my head, Cardiac scans, 3 different blood test and everything has come back normal. I am just tired of feeling like this and just want to feel better and I am not sure if I need to be on any medicine to do so. I was prescribed Zoloft for IBS 5 weeks ago but it made me have a panic attach so I stopped taking it and now I am scared to take anything else because I don't want to feel the same way like I did before. I have had anxiety in the past but for some reason it decided to rear it's ugly head again and I am not sure why but I know I did not feel like this before. I just think something always wrong with me and I don't know how to tell my mind that that everything is ok. Please someone help me with the answers.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Copy and pasting huge answers doesn't help. Are you on any meds for your anxiety at all? You've shown a huge amount of courage in coming on here and discussing your worries. That takes a hell of a lot of guts.

There is certainly no shame in needing medication to get through your anxiety and out the other side. I really do urge you to see your doctor and discuss anxiety medication.

Deep breathing and relaxation are also really good techniques for helping you to relax. I wish you well.

• Posted

I was on Zoloft 50 mg but it made me have panic attacks so I am skeptical to try anything else. I was thinking about cutting it and half and trying it that way. I am on no meds right now though.
    • Posted

Sharing information does help, that's why people use the internet. By understanding disorders, you can manage them better, & understand them.
  • Posted

Hi Kyle,

as you are in the US I can't really offer you anything more than support with your current problem. If you haven't already I would try some relaxation techniques such as meditation and or yoga. Also CBT and talking therapy can also be beneficial or even hypnosis.

hope you get better soon, keep in touch

• Posted

Try searching for "illness Phobia" online, it's an OCD trait related to anxiety. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.