Please help

Posted , 6 users are following.

Today i completed my first month of 20 mg citalopram.

I took today my dose first thing in the morning on an empty stomach and i am feeling now horrible extremly high i don't know if thats what you call depersonalization or not but it's just horrible it feels i will be like this forever.

I completed my first month already and still i don't see the benefits people talk about .

Should i change medication i read alot of good things about lexapro ?

Thanks

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi GiveUp

These meds can take months before you start feeling the benefit and start seeing symptoms beginning to ease.  During recovery you'll have all manner of symptoms and not everyone gets the same.  Depersonalisation is usually a feeling of being detached from the world, from people etc - to me it felt like my head was in a goldfish bowl - I'd have conversations with people yet I felt like I was on a different planet.

Anxiety is anxiety and can feel quite overwhelming at times.  The best thing is to try and ride it out and relax towards it (and I know this isn't easy).  Tensing towards it and fighting it isn't helpful.  Your body is crying out to rest, and so giving in, letting go of tension as best you can, slowing down, letting the anxiety be there (for now), stop rushing about will in time help reverse the process.

Try and accept that for now you will still feel anxiety fluctuations from time to time, but whatever symptoms you have reassure yourself that they will ease as you progress with the meds.  It can take a long time, but its so worth persevering.

Taking meds before food can vary from person to person - it might have made you feel more anxious.  Try taking your meds after food as it might make a difference.

K x

• Posted

Thank you so much you are a beautiful human being and hopefully if i reached a peace of mind stage i will do exactly what you are doing .

Thanks for being who you are

• Posted

Yes she totally is .. katecogs is my special super hero...her words are super powers..
    • Posted

Awwww bless you redface  I just like to pass on what I learnt throughout my journey xxxx
  • Posted

Stick with them, they take time to work. I'm in week 7 and evenings are better now.

• Posted

my evenings are usually fine Mark . What about your mornings ? are those still a struggle? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.