PLEASE HELP! ANY ADVICE

Posted , 5 users are following.

So last year i woke up one morning and passed blood. Ive had diarrhea since. Prior to this my stools were perfect and bowel movemnts were just like any normal person. I began to massive stools. Fatty and light in looks (sorry for being so descriptive its gross) I went in for a colonoscopy, X-rays, gastroscopy and abdominal CAT scan and nothing was found. Ive now lost 6-8 kgs and the pain and cramping that goes along with it have ruined my life and basically left me stuck at home. I don't know what to do anymore. This has truly destroyed my life and changed everything. Ive been on probiotics, digestive enzymes, acid suppresants and none of them have left me better off than I was. It pains me so much because one day I was fine, not a single problem and the next day I was destroyed and have been since. Its becoming increasingly difficult on my mind as well. I was a hard working 23 year old and now i feel useless and powerless. Please if anyone knows anything or has had anything like this happen ANY advice or help would be massively appreciated.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

This does sound very familiar so you are not alone. Don't worry about descriptions. I am so uptight I would find it very difficult to discuss what I actually write in here but I find myself typing it here. I went from having regular bowel movements to passing what I can only describe as cow pats. I broke my loo and had to have a new one. Believe me you do not need any more details. I too lost weight roughly 2 stone in 2 years and a stone over the 2 years before that when my IBS started.  I too on occasion have severe cramping as if I have been zapped with a taser.  I too am stuck at home after a productive professional career. I did get fed up of bring Ill a few months ago and took a new job but 8 days later I was big here being ill. 

One day I was too and the next I would spend 2 to 3 hours in the loo on a regular basis. I had always prided myself on my strength of character but this illness almost broke me and my doc referred me to MIND. It did help to talk about it especially when my partner and I broke up as I was ill all the time and I had not found here yet and I would not for another 2 years.

Many in here use Fodmap although I do not as my food likes are limited so there are certain things I need such as apples but unacceptable on Fodmap.

I am better than I was but still have intermittent attacks. I was meant to go out today but I was ill this morning so I was unable. I just played around with my limited adding and eliminating food. My conclusion is processed sandwich meat is not good for me. Too much bread is not good for me. These were my major changes as well as adding more salad in and fruit.

Good luck it is not easy

• Posted

where can i find details of this fodmap diet as my bowels are going haywire from 6am till about 10 am every morning
    • Posted

Just Google Fodmap and there are books on Amazon. Others' that use the diet will know more. I have created my own food diary as I find it very difficult to follow diets 
  • Posted

If the tests are Ok so you shouldnt worry for it will make symptoms get worse. You have to change your diet . No processed food or process drink, more exercise, more fruit and vegetables. Eat small amout, no alcohol or cafeinn or soya drink. No dairy products for at least three months and see how it goes. Get professional second opinion, you may go to have another test such as swallow a small camera which I am going to ask my gastroenterologist next Friday. You may have Crohn diseases or Ulcercoilitis but in the small intestine. Good luck with diet and you can use charcoal to control symptoms. Good luck. 
  • Posted

Thanks for your advice guys. I have avoided dairy for 7 months now only eating plain yogurt and cheese which are natural probiotics. I forgot to mention that ive made all typed of dietry changes ( no gluten, no diary, no proccessed foods) All to avail. I eat a stable diet but nothing seems to help.
    • Posted

This is where things get complicated for me, I need milk but cheese makes me very ill.

We are all different. I have not even cheese in about 3 years now whereas I have milk daily in one form or another.

How are you on exercise I introduced 2 hrs 30 approx a week of moderate exercise occasionally veering towards strenuous dependent on the size of the hills.

• Posted

No avail*** sorry.
  • Posted

Parry when you had your colonoscopy do you know if biopsoies were taken?  I am asking this because I woke up one morning with diarrhoea out of the blue that went on for over 2 months and eventually after numerous tests had a colonoscopy in which random biopsies of the colon were taken and it turned out I have collagenous colitis which can ONLY be diagnosed with a biopsie as they can only see it under a microscope and it is also called microscopic colitis because of this, worth a try asking your doctor about this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.