Please help awoke at 4am having a panic attack still feel awful

Posted , 6 users are following.

hi all woke up to my heart roaring body shaking cold and hot felt physically sick was completely out the blue... its really upset me as all today ive felt so so drained and hungry but not wanting to eat as its makingme feel sick i just wondered dies anyone else get tgis feel so alone and scared by all tgis i just want the happy me back im always feeling sick too worrying all the time pls help

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

and this morning i was shaking still is this normal after an attack pls

• Posted

Yes this sounds normal after a panic attack. I've had them waking me up too and haven't felt right all day after, sometimes the knot in my chest and back even stays with me constantly the rest of the week.

• Posted

it sounds like a panic attack. millions of people around the world have these daily . and I know how horrible they can be! as bad as they are, they will not hurt you. There is a short meditation on YouTube called stop panic attack now! she walks you through it step-by-step focusing on your breathing. It really helps you get under control so next time you feel it coming on search for that.

hang in there, myself and many other people can really relate to you so you’re definitely not alone! Take care ❤

• Posted

Yes I can relate to you. Six weeks ago I woke up to a horrendous panic attack at 3:00 am. It was so bad, I am still not completely over it. I had to take Valiums to calm down (which I hadn't taken for 10 months). Since then, I have been taking Sertraline everyday, and it has helped with anxiety. I had to ride out the initial increase in anxiety, which lasted about 3 weeks. No more Valiums, as they help in the short-run, but can actually cause panic in the long-run. I am trying to keep calm through Ujjuiy breathing, (look on youtube), and it has helped. Also, no caffeine, no sugar. Both make me anxious. I am praying for you, and send positive thoughts. God bless

• Posted

Do u take medication for anxiety?

• Posted

yes im on 40mg of proprananol twice a day i do find they really help x

• Posted

That's good, I take 20mg but think I need a higher dosage....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.