Please help: experiencing all types of symptoms for over a month

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone first time on a forum, don’t know where else to go.

All started with lower abdominal pain/burning, especially in the morning.

I have had very bad/noisey gurgling noises everyday and ranges from the bottom of my abdomen to the chest/throat, this happens all throughout the day, and has been happening since the beginning over a month ago.

The last couple of weeks I’ve noticed the need to burp an abnormal amount but most of the time I can’t get it out, this constant burping/trying to burp seems to be getting worse, this is happening all the time. I’ve started getting slight heartburn (not everyday) recently also and sometimes a lump feeling in my throat. I get crazy head pressure and is getting a lot worse and can come with chest pressure at the same time especially after I eat I got this at the very start.

As for the Abodominal pain, it seems to have got a lot worse in the higher region of my abdomen around my stomach/lower chest it is as if the pain is moving upwards as time goes by, the chest pain is affecting my breathing. my lower abdomen is still painful but not as bad as it was at the start but there’s still pain there. I’m also getting random pains all down my back in the bottom middle and top regions. Lastly I’ve been coughing up blood the past two days (not a massive amount).

I got a abdominal and pelvic CT scan and doctor said I have diverticular disease but this doesn’t explain half of what’s going on. stress definitely makes everything worse, it’s just the fear of the unknown. Once I know I can be a bit more happier, as I’m very sad and miserable at the moment and hardly eating.

Has anyone had these symptoms? Or can relate to anything?

Thank you so much if you took the Time to read my boring problems I really appreciate it

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello Pete.

Are you sure your symptoms have nothing to do with your diagnosis? If you're sure that they don't, were you taking any medication before and during the first time your symptoms appeared? I'm thinking it could be side effects. Also, the heartburn, lump feeling in your throat, burping issue and chest pain could all be signs of GERD/LPR. I'm not a medical professional, but I've dealt with it for a few years now and it sounds like some symptoms I went through. But then again, it could be something else. Has your doctor checked your gallbladder or appendix? Those could possibly cause the pain in abdomen and back if it's localized to the right side. But I suppose your doctor already checked for that considering that you had a pelvic CT scan. As for the blood coughing, you NEED to see a doctor for that. I don't want to scare you, but it could be serious so please have it checked out.

Lastly, I know how you feel about the fear of unknown. The anxiety, the overthinking... I say you just keep on fighting to get better and find out what it is that's bothering you. It may be tough, frustrating and time consuming, but it'll be worth it once you know how to get better.

Best wishes, I hope you get it sorted out soon x

• Posted

hey jennie

I am sure the symptoms have nothing to do with the upper abdominal things and no i've never really taken medication my whole life, i used to smoke but have quit since all this started (no idea if that has anything to do with it)

the worst part about this is the pressures that i get mostly after eating but not every time, its not a headache its really strange but i honestly rather deal with a headache 😦 ive looked everywhere for this symptom and someone said that it is gas escaping to your chest and head but i dont know. as for the blood i had no more today but still going to see the doc about it

thanks so much for the kind words and reply

• Posted

I am personally not a smoker, but when my dad was quitting smoking his doctor had to help him quit slowly because quitting fast can have some bad side effects. It took him about 4 years to fully quit. I am not very knowledgeable about this, but surely you'd have some symptoms of smoking withdrawal? Were you an active smoker?

I understand the pressure in chest after eating, it probably is just gas, but also head pressure after eating? It's a bit strange. Where do you feel the pressure in your head?

• Posted

I get the pressure in my whole head and sometimes just the temples, i stopped smoking because of these symptoms ive had no urge to smoke at all and yes i was active on them for about 13 years

thanks

• Posted

Have you had an endoscopy to look for h pylori and gastritis, ulcers? An ulcer may explain the coughing up blood. Have you tried a food diary since you get pain after eating?

• Posted

hi pippa

I am trying to push for one but i havent had one yet no, yes ive tried different diets and get the same pressure in my head and chest it even does it when i drink liquids

thankyou for your response

• Posted

Instead of diets, try a food diary where you write down everything you eat and any reactions you get to that food. Then if you see a a pattern emerge, avoid the food(s) causing the problem.

• Posted

Hi pete93215

Going by the lump you get in your throat i think you have 'Silent Reflux'. A friend of mine had your symptoms and was referred to ENT. Contact your doctor and ask to be referred to ENT (Ear Nose and Throat).....

• Posted

hi mary

can i ask, did your friend have any other of my symptoms?

many thanks

• Posted

Hi pete93215

Yes she had a cough (no blood) burning sensation in stomach and headaches....she felt nauseus and breathless....

• Posted

I've been having the exact same thing, starting august last year.. although now its started to settle. on top of these symptoms I also had inflamed intestines and rapid weight loss. docs done blood/urine and stool samples and came back that I had h.pylori. they put me on two strong anti biotics which had no effect, went for abdominal scan that showed nothing (other than ovarian cyst which has nothing to do with whats going on) I do have an endoscopy appointment a week thursday because they want to check that way to see if i still have an underlying infection and to check for ulcers so we will see.

• Posted

Hi claire

Sorry that you have had to go through this for so long but thats great news that you are starting to feel better, did you have all of my symptoms including the odd things like head pressure? how did you very first notice something was wrong? with me it started with mild lower back pain which didnt last long and then the meal after that noticed the pressures abdominal pain etc etc, thats when the nightmare began. Let me know how your operation goes and please stay in contact with me its nice to speak to someone who has the same symptoms

thanks so much

• Posted

also did you have any other symptoms like rashes or gas etc

thanks

• Posted

if if you're coughing up blood you need to see a lung doctor

• Posted

if if you're coughing up blood you need to see a lung doctor

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.