Please help.. have been worrying for months

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,

I hope someone can help... I have had these white spots all over both of my labia minora. They did not hurt, it just felt a bit uncomfortable and slightly itchy. I went to my obgyn because I was so worried, I thought it was herpes. He told me it didn't look like herpes at all but had no idea what it was. A few days later it disappeared. 3 month later I did an IgG combined blood test for HSV 1/2 and it was negative. I was happy and sure that I don't have herpes. But I started worrying again so I did a IgG test for HSV2 and the combined one too. It was still negative. I read that the HSV 2 IgG test misses about 8% of the infections... I'm so depressed because I still think that I have herpes but can't get diagnosed. I have been feeling so sad for months... Now I can't even sleep or eat..

It really does look like HSV to me.. I couldn't find anything else on the internet what it looked similar to my "rash"...

So do you think this looks like herpes? Or do you have any ideas what it could be or how I could get a diagnosis? I still have redness down there quite a few times...

My boyfriend says he is sure that there's nothing but I'm so scared to infect him with herpes or anything..

I'm 19 and we are together since we were 17. I've had 2 sexual partners before. I assume he also.

I hope anyone can tell me what to do.. I've felt like my life is over for the past months..

Thank you for reading my long story!

imageimageimage

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I am no doctor, however that does not look like herpes to me. It looks like yeast. Maybe you can try planned parenthood? Hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

Hi, did you find out what this is? What have you used to treat it? I have the exact same problem and it comes and goes and I dont know what to do.

• Edited

Hi.. no I didn't find out...

• Posted

This looks like candida, thrush. Try an over the counter tablet, cream or pessary and see how you go...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.