Please Help (Headache)

Posted , 4 users are following.

Can someone please enlighten me. I have already posted my issues a few months before but anyway. I am 22 years of age I suffer from acid reflux and heartburn. My headaches started for a while now, and have recently been getting really bad. I have been off work for 4 months and recently started going back thinking it would help me, but it hasnt. I have had a CT scan and a MRI (waiting on results) CT scan came back fine. I have seen a neurologist and she said "I am fine" and referred me back to my GP. 

Honestly speaking, I sleep with a really bad headache, wake up with one and spend the day with one. It never dissapears I have been on many medication and had no difference or effect. 

Proponolol - 80mg

Proponolol - 40mg

Proponolol - 20mg

Tradamol - 40mg

Co-Dydramol 500/10mg

Codeine - 15mg

Amitriptyline - 10mg

I have tried all above with no luck. 

Any idea guys?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Wow your on a lot of medication. My headache turned out to be linked with back ache when I am stressed my muscles all tense up this travels onto my head. Likewise if I am feeling low and not doing much sitting in the same position can start the back off and onto my head. The stress of being unwell makes this worse visiting the chiropractor has helped me along with anti inflammatory medication. Good luck with it all Amber x
    • Posted

mine is alwise there and never has the intention of going. I went to see a different GP because mine what off that day and she herself said someone your age has been on alot of medicaion! 

I honestly cannot give a trigger reason for mine. I have tried everything 

Good luck to u too! x

• Posted

I have also been on Zomig 5g
    • Posted

Have you tried posting on the Headache forum?  Or are you concerned that Mirtazapine could be an issue with youur symptoms?

Wishing you well 

• Posted

Have you had your eyes tested?  How much time do you spend staring at screens?

I don't see how they could have any connection with reflux  or the medication for it, but have you checked for the side effects of whatever you're taking for that?

"Headache" is a very vague term:  can you be a bit more specific please?  EG:  are they onesided and associated with vision disturbances, which would mean migraine;  are they only at the front of your head;  are they only at the back of the skull?

A lot of headaches come from tension in the shoulders and neck:  have you seen a physiotherapist to check this out?

That's all I can think of, sorry, I hope you find some solution.

• Posted

Jude, Eyes are fine. I spend time away from screens and still has no help. 

I have stopped taking medication and still experience headaches. 

Headaches are always around the head, never on one side. 

• Posted

Sorry if I'm being repetitive, but have you tried a full day away from ALL screens to see if it makes a difference?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.