Please help...I am worried about bowel problems

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi Everyone, not sure I am in the right place but will post here too. Will try and explain the best I can. Just over 3 weeks ago I had a very bad bout of flu, because of this I didn't eat much, took lots of night nurse (constipation side effect?) and stopped smoking for a while because of my chest.

Couple of weeks ago I had 2 0r 3 days with no bowel movement at all (normally go once a day in the morning) then since last Saturday I have had rabbit pellet poo,mixed with mucus and also mucus coming out on it's own...also gas with mucus going into underwear.

3 days ago I decided to try some Fybogel which the next morning seemed to produce a normal bowel movement with very little mucus..but again this morning I seem to be back to the small amounts of poo and the mucus (horrible)

I have suffered some of these symptoms on and off to mild degree most of my adult life. Can anyone offer any advice...although these symptoms sound like IBS, I do not have any pain. I am thinking at the moment that I may be very backed up from a change in normal routine, but if so, why all the mucus? Also, is there a time frame for seeing if things improve before I see a Dr? No blood BTW. 

Thank you 

wainright

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, the produces quite a lot of mucus, like when you have a cold, and all so in the Colon, but it will produce excess mucus to irritation, I get this sometimes you go to toilet and it's just mucus, it's a common thing in IBS, what you describe is typical IBS, check out the FODMAP diet online, you could try multi strain probiotics, peppermint enteric coated capsules.

• Posted

The body produces quite a lot of mucus, sorry missed out body.
    • Posted

Hi Martin31040, Just to let you know I have not been officially diagnosed with IBS.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.