Please help I feel so down!

Posted , 3 users are following.

So about two months ago my doctor gave me setter alone 50mg for anxiety and depression... I've started to feel like my old self after the first month but for the past week or so I can feel myself going really down hill and I don't know what to do!! I'm 25 and never had depression in my life I was always so happy nothing could get me down I hate this so much and I feel like I'm slipping back into that state... I'd wake up in re middle of the night crying I'd cry all day couldn't get dressed eat or sleep and I'm so so scared it will happen again please can someone give me some advice! Thank you x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kirsty. I'm on day 12 of sertraline had a good day yesterday but bad one today you maybe need to talk to your Dr you may need your dose increased I've read on here that sometimes you have to change dose if it stops working so well and sometimes even a change in meds helps I'm no expert this is all new to me I understand how you feel it's so crap I hate feeling like this good luck Hun talk to your Dr xxxxxx
    • Posted

Thank you for the kind words jojo just to let you know I started to feel loads better after 2 weeks so it won't be long before you do too I e been to hell and back and just want it to all stop xx
  • Posted

I hope you get sorted make sure you call Dr soon I'm sure that they will help take care and let me know how you get on xxxx
  • Posted

This might be due to not yet having the correct dosage of Sertraline set.

It can take time for your body to adjust to this medication, but if you really feel your previous symptoms returning, rather than become anxious about it  perhaps now is the correct time for a further consultation with your GP.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.