Please help I'm so down with all this 😩

Posted , 9 users are following.

Cut a long story short bloods all fine ecgs all fine heart rate resting at 74bpm. I've been told it's anxiety /costo. I just wanna see what symptoms you all suffer as I'm convinced there's something wrong my chest feels tight and keeps burning as do my arms and I've still got a sharp pain in my left breast area which keeps coming and going now I'm scared its cancer I'm fed up with feeling so bad. I've got a constant lump feeling in my throat too some days worse than others my question is can this just purely be anxiety I have got a great deal on my mind at the moment X

0 likes, 21 replies

Report / Delete

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Emma,it sure does sounds like anxiety..health anxiety to be precise..that's what I'm facing too. .I feel exactly like how you feel too..went for the same test 5 times..came out fine..still slightly worried now but I'm recovering from it. ..I'm 23..been having this for 6 months..how old are you?any triggers as to why you felt this way?
    Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I guess since it's one year on and you are still alive is enough to to prove that it's anxiety..I mean if it's a real health problem you would be already in a bad shape right now and I'm sure docs can know..so there you go..don't worry too much about anything..this is what I have been doing and had helped me..whenever you feel it coming,the breathlessness,dizziness sweats and palpitations or those weird funny feelings and sensations/pain,give yourself time to feel it without the fear..feel it and tell yourself it has happen for 1 year so it cannot do you any harm and let it pass..when you'reach successful,give yourself a pat in the back and take credit..over tice I'm sure you can just laugh off the fear and symptoms..I'm doing that right now and I feel the difference. .try hope it helps. .
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I don't get much palpitations..it's quite mild for me..feels almost normal..but I do get the tingles..for me the discomforts are usually around my chest and left area like around my ribs and under arms etc..those are the ones that makes me worried..my health anxiety is my heart..so when those symptoms comes it geto to me..can you believe it,is literally stop eating and drinking for 2-3 mths thinking it will directly affects my heart. .and the tight throat feeling makes me feel like I will choke and die..I lost a lot of weight due to that and of cause low energy..makes everything worse..and the crying non stop episode..phew..now I'm much better..
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

I have been having a tight feeling under my right arm for 3 months now after going through alot of stress, depression and anxiety. I have severe health anxiety and bc my arm feels like this my anxiety is not getting any better. My doctor says it's tension but how can it last for this long if that's all it is. I'm really scared and can't cope .I have been seeing a chiropractor and it's not better which scares me even more. Can you tell me about the feeling you get under your armpit. Is it a tight feeling and does it make your arm feel weak or heavy?
      Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hey Emma. It's crazy that it's so easy for me to tell someone it's anixety but it's hard for me to convince myself it's anixety. I find that at the end of the day you need to relax and convince yourself that everything is ok. I need medical proof to help me relax when I believe I'm having issues. I've been thru it all. Ekg, CT scan, ultrasound of my heart, x-rays and stress test. I had my first cheats pains at the age of 18. The chest pains are from stress. When my stress level is high my chest gets really tight. I actually had a ultrasound of my neck on Friday because of the feeling of a lump... globus sensation. Of course I'm thinking cancer. But anixety causes it. I have my first appt with a therapist today.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi Emma,Sorry to hear your going through a rough time. I think anxiety can cause all manor of problems.

You say youve got a lot going on atm. Can I ask what it is?

A problem shared...

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I'll just get straight into my anxiety symptoms for you. I get this tight feeling in my chest, it feels like someone is sitting on my chest then it starts to feel really sore and hurts. I get vibrations in my head and face, I get shortness of breath, I start shaking uncontrollably, heart palpitations, I have just about every symptom of anxiety there is. It's terrible! But it helps me realize oh hey, this is just my anxiety.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up