Please help I need relief

Posted , 6 users are following.

My mom passed in July of this year and my anxiety has spiked i have 3 kids that sometimes i cant even care for they are ages 3, 1 and 5 months old.

I have been to the ER twice for chest pains with everything fine and them telling me its anxiety but still here are the chest pains and i have a dr. Appointment once again over it. Some days its fine other days its worse or different.... I cant stand it i cry not wanting to feel this way anymore. Please help me!!!!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Grief takes a long time to heal from, try not to be too hard on yourself and expect yourself to just jump into life like you did.  It hurts like hell and It will take a lot of time. I lost my husband 6 years ago, and still cry at every anniversary, every holiday, every time I see a car like he drove, but sometimes I laugh and remember the good times.  They come later, but now for you, it is time to cry for a few more months at least!!

Hang in there!

• Posted

I'm sorry for your lose, it will never really go away but try to think of the good times you had, it makes it a little easier. If your Anxiety gets worse go see a Dr, they can maybe prescribe something to help you or maybe some therapy. Good luck.

• Posted

when I had my first real bad anxiety issue 22 years ago I was looking after my father in law and my son had been really ill the first month of his life my health visitor reconised I wasnt well and said i needed help i was looking after my son but at the age of six months had becaome extra protective of him and his two siblings to the point where i didnt want to let them out of my sight for a second.I had a wonderful health visitor who was on it like sonic and one day i had collapased. the reason? I had just managed to grieve for my mother (it took two years) I had had my son who I said was poorly at the start and I was looking after my seventy something father in law. my body couldnt take any more and i was diagnosed with gad and clinical depression as well as post natal depression, along with going through the grieving process. it took about a year but I came through it. my lovely you have three small children a home to run and the every day worries that accumalate. please see your doctor and they will be able to help maybe get over this period have you got family who can support you or a partner? as dee says please do not be hard on your self there is no time limit for grief and im sure you are an amazing mummy this page is wonderful for support my lovely if ever you need to talk i dont mind if you want to pm me and there will be others on here to support you as well keep strong my lovely 
    • Posted

Thank you Sue.

I am kind of alone here besides my kids father and his family which he has no inderstanding of loss of a parent and most of his family still have yet to even try to get to know me. I hope that your baby is now well and healthy!

• Posted

Thank you all for your replies it means a lot to me.
  • Posted

Hi hun, totally understandable how you feel, you have just lost your mum, that is a massive thing to come to terms with, and you need to grieve, cry, scream, shout, sleep whatever it is that helps you get through this.

Its really early days yet, and you are only just coming to terms with your loss. We all grieve in different ways, its a very personnel thing, we all have our own wsy of working through the grieving process.

You have small children which depend on you, so to withdraw as you want to isnt an option.

My advice would be to see your gp, maybe get some medication in the short term, even consider bereavement councilling. Try to focus on all the good things in your life, your little ones, they are whate will help you through this, if you let them, dont forget, they arent just your children, they are your mums Grandchildren, as well, they are part of her, in them and you, she lives on.

Only time will take away the awful pain you feel at this minute, but slowly, you will not hurt so much, and that is how it should be, slowly you will become yourself again, and instead of tears there will be smiles, of happy memories of your mum.

This is the way it is for everyone, we have to grieve in order to come through the other side.

But if you really arent able to cope, and your little ones are not being cared for as they should be, then Please, seek help, we all need help sometimes, there is nothing wrong with admitting you cant cope,

Everyone on this forum is here for you hun, but a dr can prescribe something to get you through if you need it, xxx

• Posted

i went to the doctor and she was really great she listened to me and everything she didnt just listen to my symptoms and such and throw anxiety into my file. Although she did say anxiety and depression is playing a part she took labs and is doing everything to help ensure me nothing is physically wrong with me. I have been put on zoloft and hydroxyz and also something for acid reflux all my labs came back normal as well. I had another attack yesterday and ended up back in the doctors office and again everything is fine i just have a UTI. I am so desperate for relief still but i will continue to take my meds and gice them a chance to work. Thank you all so much.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.