Please help, Idk what to do.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been with my boyfriend for 3 months today, and hes not from the same state as me, but hes with me right now for a contracted job. Hes been rewnewing his contract over and over to be with me but they are now telling him he has to either take a full time job or they will hire someone else to take his place. He is 25 years old and Im only 21 and I have a 4 year old son.  Hes never been in a relationship with a mother before. And his parents back at home are not fond of the idea of me being a mother or fond of me living in a whole different state. They called him yesterday telling him he is making a mistake staying here and that ill hold him down. they want him to come back home and take a full position there. up until this point ive felt pretty confident in our relationship, we have little baby arguments but nothing we dont get over in a matter of minutes. I cant just pack my bags and move with him to lousianna because I have geogaphic restrictions from the court saying i cant move out of this certain county because of my sons dad. but we do visit his home a lot, every 3 weeks. Sorry i feel like im going on and on but i need soe advice really bad. last night he told me he didnt know what he wanted to do, he didnt know if he should go back home or say with me. he told me he has really strong feelings for me, but Idk I feel like ever since he told me he was second guessing us, ive become really inscure. I dont know how to act around him, I cant fake being happy. he doesnt want me to be all sad around him, please help me.

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi hi... shame man; sounds like a bit of a intense situation. Just my opinion; if He is the man for you; no one and no distance will be a problem... if its meant to be... it will be... nothing can stop what is true and pure... sadly; there are obstacles and I genuinely feel for you but you cant do more than what you are doing. I am sorry I dont have a quick solution... just think that faith in whats meant to be will be will help.
    • Posted

Thank you, ive been waiting forever it seems for a reply to this, I need to get other point of views cause my own thoughts are destroying me. All I can think about is not being with him anymore. My mother told me I cant show weakness infront of him.
    • Posted

Two ways of doing this.... share all thats in your heart and then have faith.... orrrrrr. Dnt say anything; play games with your feelings and maybe have regrets of "i should have... " . I am sorry if im coming off harsh; its just ive being here a few times.

• Posted

Hi do you have depression or anxiey?  I have to agree that his is a support site for those who do.  We don't deal with relationships per se on here.  x

• Posted

Hi Amber - what a dilemma you are in. Affairs of the heart can cut deepest. There's a saying:  "If you love something, set it free. If it comes back, it's yours. If it doesn't, it never was." Let him go to his state and take on the job. Tell him he has your blessing to do so. You will see him every 3 weeks in the interim. The estimation of you in his eyes - and in his parents - will soar. It will show that you love him enough to let him do well for himself and be near his blood kin. The alternative is to fight for him in which case you could wear the blame for him missing out when the honeymoon phase if over. Tell him you love him and that you will always be there for him. Things will find a way of working out and you will feel stronger and better for it. Best of luck and let us know what you decide.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.