please help im new to orlistat

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,

I have started taking Orlistat yesterday and stuck to a low fat diet, i wasn't aware i had to add my fat and saturated fats together, so yesterday when i thought i was being really good i probably could have :? done better. Anyway i only had 6.5grams of FAT yesterday (didnt add up saturates aswell)

Do i have to add both up and do i have to make sure i eat near to the 30g a day or can i have less?

I didnt have any bad experience yesterday so i guess i did ok :?

I have also started a food diary and a-z guide etc so i know exactly how much is what, but like i said really confused on how to work out the fat intake etc.

Just wondering if someone could give me a bit more info on them as dr is useless. I have read through some of the posts on here.

Any help would be great,

Thanks

Elz

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi

from what i have read and gotten the gist of you base your fat intake on it being less than

2g per 100g anything below this is safe.

hope that makes sense.

you can only intake 30g of fat maximum per day and no more than 15g per meal. and this is based all on the per 100g.

i think this is correct but i am sure that someone will correct me if not :-)

• Posted

Hi and welcome. I was on these 2 yrs ago and lost 1st 6lb and and I started these at the beginning of the Easter Hols and so far have lost 1st 2lbs I never weigh anything but stick to a really low fat diet!

Typical day for me:

Breakfast

1 bowl special K oats and honey semi skimmed milk,

cup of tea 1 sugar

Lunch 2 pitta breads

2 slices of ham and some low fat humous to dip

muller light yog or snack a jacks

piece of fruit

Afternoon snack

hand full of marshmellows

cup of tea and go ahead biscuits

Dinner

Chicken or pork marinaded

new pots /veg

I use low fat flora butter and always FRYLIGHT

or stir fry

I have never had 'side effects' except if you are really naughty! I do a lots of walking and enjoy power walking and swimming.

I think it takes over you if you are continually weighing food, I always read labels though and make sure its as low fat as possible and never go over 5g per 100g.

Good luck these really do work if you stick to low fat!, keep checking in here for the support and encouragement because we are all in it topgether! .

• Posted

Hiya, welcom to the group!!!

Olive is right its 5g of fat per 100g of food smile not far off there tho caino!!

Elz, when your looking at a label for fat content your looking at the fat part, this will tell you the total fat - you dont have to add fat and saturated fat together!

Also not sure about everyone else but if i have had a treat i dont usually gets the 'side effects' the same day, i get them the day after and even the day after that aswell, i suppose everyone is different though!

Ok to add up the fat i personally do this -

Chicken breast, jacket and sweetcorn and muller light

I look at the packets and on it is per breast 3g, per jacket 2 g and per 1/2 can sweetcorn 3g, muller 1g (i just made them up by the way so do check your own packaging)

Now i just add them together 3g + 2g + 3g +1g =9g

Its as easy as that, im like olive i dont constantly weight stuff, although over the last 4 1/2 months i have gotten to know wot i can and cant have and how much.

Keep reading through the posts hun and good luck

Sian

x

• Posted

Hi

Thankyou to all of you for your comments, think i will be ok now :D

Ah right, the pharmacist told me to add fat and saturated. silly woman. :shock:

Reading the other people posts on here it didnt say anything about adding both up as i was really worried i will hardly have anything to eat at that rate lol.

The things some people have seem like normal food, i mean no one is eating salad all day long which is what i thought i would have to do and was dreading it haha

I will look forward to hopefully losing the weight now

x

• Posted

you can eat a fairly exciting range of foods, it doesnt have to be rabbit food!

think about the meals you enjoyed before and see if you can find a way of making them in a healthier way - cooking methods, ingredients etc, theres a lot of low fat alternatives now so you should have plenty of choice smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.