Please Help Me

Posted , 6 users are following.

I need some help.My quick story is I was on Cit for about 7 years before coming up of it cold turkey. (I know stupid decision) I am not back on what started at 20mg for a week and now upped to 40mg for the last 4 days. 

My concern is this feeling that I have in my head. It is the hardest thing to describe to people but I feel like I am going crazy or there is something growing in my brain. Cancer???? Tumor??? It is a feeling like I am just very spaced out and losing my mind. I feel like I can't think or concentrate and that I am just sitting in my body as a shell. At times it seems to get better if I dont think about it but really it is there 24/7. I woke up this morning freaking out that I finally lost my mind. Was very confused as to what was going on just dont want to deal with it anymore. I am now sitting at my desk at work and still feel very spaced out and wondering what is going on with me. 

If anybody else has felt like this or similiar and could help me out and let me know how long it lasted.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I feel like that at night well evening time.  U feel like ya not in the room.. n I'm abit cloudy and can't concentrate on anything x
  • Posted

Hi Yadeed, sounds like a symptom of anxiety, my head does similar thing. If you've just gone back on the Cit recently it's more than likely to be the side effects of your body and therefor your mind adjusting to the drug.

You can always talk to your GP if it becomes too problematic for you but if Cit has worked for you previously it's worth sticking with it until the side effects wear off and the therapeutic effects kick in. 

N

• Posted

Hi it sounds like depersonalization which is a symptom of anxiety. x
  • Posted

Thank you all for the quick responses. I cant focus at work as my mind is always racing about what is wrong with me. Even though I dont feel like I am having a panic attack it feels like my mind is still lost and I am going crazy. My breating is fine and not freaking out but my mind feels like it is being erased and I am not sitting here. I just upped my dose to 40mg so I am hoping this will eventually go away.
  • Posted

I am sure you will be fine if you stick with it. Seemed a rather silly thing to do, to come off and go cold turkey. Must have been horrendous. My husband was on it for a long time and he had to come off it under the doctors supervision. Stay with it and I am sure your symptoms will improve and do have a word with you doctor.
  • Posted

you may have what is called Chronic Subjective Dizziness. It’s a condition in which there are no physical reasons for the dizziness. You may have suffered from this condition for years without knowing what or why it was. New research from the University of Pennsylvania now has answers for you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.