Please Help Me

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have severe depression and feel it is killing me

I have anxiety that is making me feel awful

I have type 1 diabetes and have lots of other associated worries

I am worried sick

​My mental health team are trying to help me I think ?

My family say nobody understands me

​I feel suicidial every day I have bought my rope ready to hang myself

​But I want to keep on fighting the b*st*rd off me

I live alone

I just want love, closeness and anyone that cares about me

everyone abuses me now

I need people to talk to

I need happiness

what should I do ?

1 like, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

I understand how you feel...especially having an illness as well, it's hard....and it is even harder when you have no one who understands.

it is difficult to find kind people to talk to as most people think it's as easy as thinking differently, but of course, it's not ...and if we could think differently we would.   I hope you have good gps and mental teams....I haven't.   

I can't take anti depressants because of my medical problem and so all I have are a few diazepham which let me have a couple of anxiety free hours from time to time.    Xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Living in an isolated enviorement will not help your condition.It will & does affect in a very negative way.The mental health team are limited in the help you obviously require.Your family are supportive but again restricted because of circumstance.They offer an outstretched hand which you grasp but they can only listen. .The issue has become cyclic..

You know there is something wrong & seek guidence to rectify.Only medication can intervene now. Contact your GP./health team etc.It is now in there hands to assist you asap.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

If you are under your local Mental Health Team then it would be worth asking them if there are any groups around your area that you can attend - meet others in the same position as yourself , my local team have been trying to get me to go to recovery groups ( education , crafts etc ) but my confidence is not great so at the moment i have just agreed to check out the Recovery House next week that is run by Rethink Mental Illness and funded by local NHS , i feel some sort of group would benefit you as you can share your thoughts with others , also go back to your Doctor and have a chat about any medication you are on and if it is the right one for you .I am sorry that your family doesn't understand you - that can lower your mood . take care x
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Hi when I feel suicidal I deal with it by putting it off.   I make a decision every morning that I will not do it today.  That makes you relax instead of spending the whole day thinking of it.  Try it - it does work.  x
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Thank you for all the helpful replies

The assistance is great and I need it

​I will try to think positive

but I only think negative all the flaming time

I need to think of positive things in my life I guess

Not negative but it is easier said than done

​Thanks again

Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

No it is not easy to think about the positive areas of one's life against negative thoughts - often CBT is a good way to help with the negatives areas if you are okay speaking out loud about your thoughts and feelings , many of us know and understand how you feel - it is not uncommon to feel that way sadly , please take care x
      Report / Delete Reply
    • Posted

Your Doctor can refer you to Cognitive Behavourial Therapy also your Mental Helth Team can recommend someone in their team , it wasn't any good for me as i have trouble verbally expressing myself but the gentleman i see at my local Mental Health Team is a trained Cognitive Behavourial Therapist though that is no longer his main job ( he is team leader now ) he does gently coax my thoughts and feelings out in to the open . See what your local team has to offer also if you have a CRISIS number that you have been given to ring out of hours then that is another option when you have suicidal thoughts as weekends can seem lonely if you are on your own , i shall be ringing my local one Sunday prior to Monday afternoon appointment , Thinking of you x

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up