Please help me

Posted , 5 users are following.

My husband has walked out on me after being together nearly 24 years and being married 18 years. I am in a terrible state and dont want to live without him. On top of everything i have had to have an emergency femeral hernia op which has immobilised me. I have 3 children at home and at 57 have no savings tge house is interest only and drowning in debt.

I cannot stand this pain anymore and am really frightened for the future and now

2 likes, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

  • Posted

    Oh bless you, what a horrible time you're having by the sounds of it! I really feel for you. It sounds as though you have a considerable amount of stress in your life, which has no doubt put pressure on your resultionship. Obviously, I don't know you or your relationship, but maybe this is something you can talk through and figure out with him? If there's no chance of working things out, please know that although it feels awful now, it won't feel this way forever. The immediate aftermath of a relationship breakdown is always the hardest part. When you have come to depend on a person over so many years, the thought of being without them can be terrifying. You can survive though, you will see this for yourself as time goes by. Wishing you all the best and sending big hugs xx

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

    I'm so sorry for you.l really know the pain I'm still hurting and cry because my partner left after 20 years together. You will feel terrible and go through many emotions. You will have more and more good day as you begin to good your children are at home with you

    They will support and so will your friends. I'm sad and lonley right now but I know there's a future for me without him .

    Please don't sit there and suffer. Get up dust yourself down .

    Give him time and maybe get in touch with him he may see his made a mistake.

    I wish you luck.

    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted


    Visit CAB and ask for some advise on what you need to do legally, if the relationship has completley failed.

    You may need some assistance with your home and children, your GP can possible arrange some assistance for you and kids. Also a treatment plan that does not necessary mean medications could also be of assistance

    If you feel Suicidal contact the NHS Information Line, they can help.

    Let us know how you get onĀ 


    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up