Please help me I need some advice, i'v been depressed for 4 weeks

Posted , 4 users are following.

**I even don't know where to start **

Alright 51 days ago I done an oral sex on a lady. I suck her female part and also rub my penis around female part. Than I put a condom on. We had protected sex. We done it 4 or times. 3 days later I had a burning sensation in side my penis, took some antibiotics for a week than I got better. 2 weeks later diarrhoea on and off followed by night and day sweating, tiredness, muscles pain, joints and weight loss, fever temperature 37 and thrush mouth. I told the lady about symptoms and everything than she told me she is hiv+. On day 29 after the exposure I went for an hiv test comes out negative. Day 41 after exposure I went for another hiv test antigen and antibiotic comes negative. I'm stressed and depressed. Keeps losing weight and diarrhea keeps popping on and off. I've done all the sti test they comes out negative. Please help me 😭😭😭

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Did she say anything about being on medications or being under a doctors care? Do you know if her viral load is detectable?

• Posted

That is very irresponsible of her. It can take up to 90 days for antibodies to show up in blood. The good thing is, is you used a condom. Hopefully neither of you have any open wounds that could have possibly exchanged fluids. My advice is wait until the 90 day mark and test again. Keep in mind that if the slim chance it is positive you can still lead a perfectly normal,long life. My husband is positive and we did not know for the first year we were together. We had plenty of unprotected sex before we found out. I say this to say even if you slept with someone HIV+ it does not mean you contracted it. I hope you find answers and i hope your friend seeks medical attention to get her viral load under control.

• Edited

I'm so sorry to hear. I've had my HIV paranoia stage as well and I think I can recall how you feel right now. It's important to keep in mind that even if you have contracted it - which you might not have - you'll still live a long life. The symptoms you described could also be some other STD. Since HIV+ people have a weakened immune system, she could have other STDs, such as Herpes, Syphilis, HPV or Hepatitis. A rash, headache and a sore throat, as well as swollen lymph nodes are also very typical for HIV, and since you didn't have those, it might be that it's something else. Loosing wait and having diarrhea is probably from stress and anxiety.

I know how mentally exhausting it is, having to wait for months to be able to get a valid test result back. Since you already know that your sexual partner has HIV, you could ask your doctor for the more accurate and valid test that doesn't look for anti-bodies (they develop anytime between a month to six months after exposure) but whether the virus is present in the body. Best of luck and let us know what happens.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.