please help me out

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hai everyone,

I m 22 male and i was suffering with cardiac anxiety form the past two years and i use to take propranolol 10 mg daily. what i have heard that running and doing exercise daily helps to calm down and and bring wonderful changes . But i m scared of having heart attack during running or doing exercise . Because of this i avoided walking and running and all possible heavy physical works these two years and has been too lazy.

Now i strictly want to change my self .

Can any one kindly please help me how to start running and exercise . Is there any fatal consequences that if i suddenly start running and exercise. Because i want to change my life and stay happy like every one around me

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You sound very similar to me, I have become so lazy and being put on sertraline. Something has increased a weight gain and I am scared to go and exercise. I have spoke with my doctor and waiitng for a CBT therapist for what tbey call exposure therapy.

I have also joined a weight lifestyle group online but know it is a viciovicious circle. If you want a buddy message me

• Posted

Im exactly the same. Im petrified of having a heart attack. Sometimes to the point i dont want to walk upstairs. Have you been given the all clear? I regularly get chest pains, chest pressure etc but ive had so many tests done i just need to take comfort in knowing its my anxiety and not my heart. Do you do any meditation? i got to a point where i went to the hospital 14 times in one month because i was convinced i was going to have a heart attack. I even called the ambulance once. Its something you need to overcome, its health anxiety and its horrendous. Change the way you think, try running, your not going to die. Your anxiety may tell you different and cause you to have chest pain but you will not die. I have wasted so much time on worrying i cant even remember majority of last year. Google health anxiety you may take comfort from the symptoms

• Posted

Join a local gym and start out slow . Start on a treadmill walking and slowly increase your speed. most treadmills now have built in heartrate monitors so you can see how fast your heart is going. JOGGING ON A TREADMILL CAN GET YOUR HEART RATE UP THERE SO DONT BE SCARED IF YOU SEE 160bpm up to 200 even. AFTER THR TREADMILL START OFF WITH LIGHT WEIGHT EXERCISES, most gyms also offer fitness coaches to help you with a routine and find whats best for you. Seems like with your fear being in a gym full of people would be the best way to go for a while until youre comfortable out jogging/running on your own. BUT i can assure you that your heart would be just fine, anxiety can make us think and feel so many things that arent really happening and its awful!!! IVE suffered myself for a long time and i was afraid to leave the house and wasnt eating much which landed me in the hospital. BUT after a few different medications i found one that actually worked and im a lot better now...still have an occasional moment here and there but nothing like the constant every day multiple times a day attacks i was dealing with. BRING your phone and headphones also so you can listen to music that keeps you relaxed or distracted. ALSO a bit of meditating or yoga after your workout would be helpful in relaxing your mind and body. HOPE THIS WAS HELPFUL .

• Posted

Like anything with anxiety, it can be difficult. If you feel like this is too much to handle alone, have someone to accompany you when you go for a walk or run. I do hope you work this out - anxiety is terrible. I pray for the time you are in good health, both mind and body.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.