please help me. something is seriously wrong this can't be anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hey guys i just woke up feeling like my heart is going a million beats per minute. I felt so numb

Like i was going to faint.

I have been diagnosed with sever health anxiety 3 yrs ago.

THe past 5 weeks i have been having this weird sensation in my back that comes and goes could this be related to my heart.

I googled these symptoms and all i get is heart disease. . Cancer or tumas.

Please someone help me

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sally what you have described sounds like a panic attack

It could be that The anxiety is causing you to think about something and it's altering your heart rhythm therefore giving you a sense of panic ,

The fainting part is like thinking you cannot get a breath cause your heart is beating that fast , this itself can cause a panic attack

• Posted

interesting i only recently learned of health anxeity which im not onbit surprised people suffer from becasue life is such a worry sometimes and we are constantly bombarded with ads on tv how to getyour self to your GP etc if this and that over 3 weeks etc, yes we dont have to watch TV but its just in your face all the time. Did something spark your worries in wonder??? as i am having similar probs at the moment?

• Posted

Please Stop googling things . isolated symptoms will just leure you on the wrong direction.

think positive, you know what you have , relax

• Posted

Thank you so much to all who replied.

I started breathing slowly and took my tablet which calmed me down last night. Woke up this morning just dazed out and so scared at tge moment my head has me believing that i have heart disease or some sort of life threatening condition. I had to even leave work early today because i could no longer function. I am going to the doctor first thing tomorrow morning. This is killing my life feel so down and so alone

• Posted

It's quite unlikely that you have a serious physical illness that is life threatening, however anxiety and panic attacks can make you feel really unwell and are very distressing. I know because I do suffer from severe anxiety (not related to the same things yours is) but I know the sensation well. 

Sometimes if I don't sleep well or am under a lot of stress with family I wake up with a fast heart rate. Too much caffeine also does that to me. 

If the tablet you took helped, then the likelihood is that your pain (and resultant fear, as it's the fear that's the problem) was caused by severe anxiety. 

All I can suggest is doing everything you can to relax and reassure yourself. It will pass. I know how horrible it is though. 

• Posted

Definitely sounds like anxiety. Try to relax yourself and stop googling your symptoms! It will only make you more anxious. Relax, and tell yourself it's nothing, it's just the anxiety and soon it will pass.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.