Please help me with citalopram advice

Posted , 5 users are following.

ive been on citalopram 20mg for six weeks but I feel I’ve been struggling for the last couple of days. I don’t know wether I need to up it to30 mg or if I should give it more time. I’m desperate I can’t go on feeling like this anymore, mornings are awful.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Maybe u should have a talk with your doctor about it some ppl take more time then others to get better hope u feel better 
  • Posted

Hi Gemma.  I’m sorry you feel so dreadful, at 6 weeks you are at the cusp of starting to see a difference in you, 6-8 weeks is an average time scale where you will notice a change, I felt worse like you did then suddenly I just felt myself again, it’s like the penny dropped!

Everybody responds differently to medication at different times,  your brain is undergoing a big change, give it time to understand, sit tight it will get better. Try not to get carried away with the moment and internalise every single function of your very being, I know it’s difficult and your having a rough ride at the min but hang on it will get better.

Take care of you 👍

• Posted

Hey Gemma,

I’m in my 11th week at 10mg. I hung in there only because of the adivice from great people here. I would give it more time. Have you cut out caffeine?  If not you should. I noticed a difference. A still had blips at 10 weeks and also I had a couple of days I had morning and afternoon anxiety. Today is a great day for me 🙏🏻🙏🏻 Which I’m surprised cause I only got 5 1/2 hrs sleep. But I’m also on vacation and chilling! Hang in there and keeps us posted. 

Will😎

• Posted

Thank you for the support, it’s a cruel illness is anxiety. I woke at three this morning and have been sick with the anxiety, I’m so scared.

• Posted

Sorry, yes I’ve cut out caffeine and gone onto chamomile tea instead.
    • Posted

Ask your doctor for diazapam.. for those rough moments...it will help you with your celexa panics..it will make your recovery more manegable..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.