Please help - reassurance needed

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all

I've been on 20mg citalopram for 2 months now, for bad anxiety and panic attackes. After around 5 weeks I felt much better. The past 3 days, however, I feel terrible. I feel back to square one, was anxious all through the night and have been sobbing all morning.

Could this be a blip? Is it possible I need to raise my dose?

Thanks all x

0 likes, 7 replies

Report / Delete

7 Replies

• Posted

I've just raised my dose too, keep having a few wobblies but over all I think things are improving. Think it's a bit early to say right now.

If I were you I'd see how you go because raising your dose it only really a short term answer... but obviously if things just aren't right then you should go back to your doctor. Everyone has a blip every now and then, it's fine although maybe a little distressing. You know yourself better than anyone. If you feel uncomfortable with it then let your doctor know.

Good luck and I hope you start to straighten back out x

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I think it means you have to go back to your GP to ask him to increase it to 30mg, l started on 10mg felt good but faded after a few weeks went to GP war upped to20 mg felt good for 2 months was upped to 40 mg have been on it for 2 years and l feel so good l am so happy that anxiety and depression is a thing of the past.Good luck
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I think it means you have to go back to your GP to ask him to increase it to 30mg, l started on 10mg felt good but faded after a few weeks went to GP war upped to20 mg felt good for 2 months was upped to 40 mg have been on it for 2 years and l feel so good l am so happy that anxiety and depression is a thing of the past.Good luck
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yep, it does sound like a blip.   Please don't feel that suddenly it's stopped working.  It does take time and I think that's our biggest complaint about meds, the time it takes smile.  The good news is you'll come out of this blip quicker than the last one, and so on. Until you get to a point that a blip will become hardly noticeable. xxxxx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

PS J it's read the other good advice from posters.   Yes indeed it is all about getting the levels right for you. So do see how you get on and if still struggling do look at a dose increase xxxx
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I think that when you're getting better you'll get the odd blip and slip backwards.  It happened to me.  I go for weeks feeling yay! then suddenly feel down again. These down times got less and less and stopped eventually.

It's your body adjusting to life without anxiety.  Just go with, understand what it is, let it be there and reassure yourself it's just a blip.

K xx

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Thank you all so much. I really appreciate your time. I had to take the day off today and had to be honest with my boss whoh was hard and made me feel more anxious but he wanted to know why I had been taking days off here and there. He was very nice about it but still this anxiety thing is such a 'taboo'.

Really hoping it passes soon. I'm supposed I be hosting a house warming party on Saturday and can't exactly cancel - not looking forward to it at the moment! 

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up