Please help reassurance needed

Posted , 3 users are following.

So posted today earlier 7 weeks on 20mg citalopram have been in bed since 9 as I feel exhausted but no I have waves of heat flowing through me and feel very anxious when will this go I'm so tired.😞😞

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dawn

Sorry to hear you're feeling not so good.  I read that you can feel weakness and drowsiness, so that could account for you feeling exhausted, and also increased sweating, again this could be the heat your feeling flowing through you.  I know I still feel the heat more since taking this medicine.

I remember my first weeks on this drug I seemed to have different symptoms each week - from headache, trembling, anxiety, dry mouth, agitation, weird dreams.  I kept wondering what the next week would bring!!

I'm sure what you're feeling is part of the side effects and should pass soon, but if it continues get yourself checked out with your doctor.

K xx

• Posted

Thank you for getting black to me just hope it settles soon x 
    • Posted

Settles. Can I ask when people take there medication? I take mine in the morning about 8 and I'm always sleepy around lunch time was wondering I should take it later In the day? X
    • Posted

Dawn..try taking it at 5pm ..hopeful you will have a great night 's sleep...side effects do take time to settle down. Good luck
  • Posted

I take mine around 9am - was told by a doctor to take it in the morning as it can keep you awake at night, but seems you have the opposite effect.  Yes I agree, try taking it around 5pm or 6pm and see if you feel better during the day.

K xx :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.