Please Help! Severe anxiety!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Has anyone experienced anxiety to the severity of feeling it 24/7 and it never ends? I'm trying to do other things/take my mind off it but I seem to be thinking about it no matter what I'm doing! I've felt this way for a week now and it's so exhausting and I feel like il be stuck this way forever and I'm going to go crazy or something sad I just have The idea of feeling anxious and the symptoms I feel (mainly depersonalition- like I'm really out of it and floating) so as long as I'm thinking about it the symptoms stay and I don't know what to do. I've felt this way before, but it went away after a week or so.. I've taken About 2xanax this week ( I just split the pill in half both times) it seems to of helped a little bit but not overly. Do you have to take Xanax everyday for a while to notice better effects?? My doctor gave me it to take with paroxetine but I can't seem to bring myself to take the medication! I'm scared to take it because I don't want to have bad side effects ect.. Has anyone used this before? Would it help me? I'm feeling really desperate at this point because I just want to feel better sad

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi I take it daily. For a few years it greatly helped me,now im used to it,so it just takes the edge off of things a short time.
  • Posted

Hi, Do you drink any sugar or caffein drinks, eat any sweets? Those and other foods make anxiety way worse. Google for foods that help anxiety and foods that make it worse. The right food makes a bigger difference than you would think. Other baddies are processed meats, fried food. Check it out.
    • Posted

I eat really badly to be honest. I drink Coke, used to drink a bit of alcohol (not at the moment though). I eat a lot of fried foods and sweets. My diet is pretty poor at the moment rolleyes but it's because I feel so bad so it's comfort food for me I suppose.. But thanks I hadn't really considered that il look more into that!

• Posted

Good for you, Kasey. As you read some of the postings here you will see a lot of comments about the benefits of eating food that helps anxiety. Unfortunately, what we consider comfort foods are all on the list of things that AGGRAVATE anxiety. The day after the doctor told me about this I had my usual breakfast without thinking. It was coffee and breakfast oat cookies. Within 5 minutes the anxiety jumped to a level that scared me to death. I immediately started drinking a lot of water (good for helping) and using some essential oils for anxiety, then I took a walk. Anxiety reverted to tolerable. Since that hour, I have started cooking, eating carefully when out and vowing never to do that to myself again. Ask yourself if it is worth it to eat the junk that is only making it worse. Google foods that help and foods that make anxiety worse. I got my info. there on food. Also,do any kind of fun excersize like dancing, tai chi, whatever you like, even if you start with a few minutes at a time. Hang in there, girl. Give this a try.

• Posted

I take Xanax, and it's not something that takes days to work, but more like a matter of minutes. Instead of cutting it in half, take the dose that your doctor prescribed. It's not something that you need to take all the time, because it's meant for moments like this. Xanax is short acting and has short half life, so it helps with these bursts of panic.

• Posted

Depersonalisation is what I have some days bad some good I never understand it either kasey

I'm on propranolol seems to work but it lowers your heart rate and sometimes gives u heart palpitations when u haven't taken them which increases anxiety

Do u get like a tight forehead and u have to like strain your eyes with the depersonalisation feeling

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.